Ovi Maps 3.1 - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM

mwarner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelPinaF View Post
I have the same problem.
But, I installed the Ovi Maps.sis on my mobile, and now it's running well. I'm dowloading the maps from my mobile instead of Nokia Map Loader.
Are you guys doing things in the correct order?

1. Install the latest Ovi Maps from Nokia onto your phone (I'm not sure if you need to have a hacked i8910 to install Nokia Maps? Mine is hacked and i've not tried it on a non-Nokia phone that isn't hacked)
2. Once installed, use Nokia's Map Loader to download your maps & push them across onto your device.

Nokia Map Loader doesn't install Nokia Maps for you, it just puts the maps you select into a folder on your mass storage drive so that Nokia Maps can pick it up.

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM

ipitbull is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
I just tried this program...I'm using v. 3.03 09wk35 b07

I got it from the nokia beta labs site..

One thing I noticed though is the map is in 2d, not 3d like the screen shots..

Mine looks nothing like that!
I tried looking for settings but can't find any...

Maybe it's cause they don't have 3D maps for the USA?
surge, there is possibility to enable 3d, but only, when you allready calculated a route. than you can go to options and switch between 2d and 3d. moving on the map, without calculating a route is only possible in 2d.... g. pit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM

RafaelPinaF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarner View Post
Are you guys doing things in the correct order?

1. Install the latest Ovi Maps from Nokia onto your phone (I'm not sure if you need to have a hacked i8910 to install Nokia Maps? Mine is hacked and i've not tried it on a non-Nokia phone that isn't hacked)
2. Once installed, use Nokia's Map Loader to download your maps & push them across onto your device.

Nokia Map Loader doesn't install Nokia Maps for you, it just puts the maps you select into a folder on your mass storage drive so that Nokia Maps can pick it up.

Mike
I plug my phone by USB, and set "PC Studio".
So, I open Nokia Maps Uploader, and it doesn't find my phone.
I have Ovi Maps installed in my phone, and, it's hacked.

Do you know what else I must do to Nokia Maps Uploader find the phone?

Other doubt: When I start a calculated route, the program stop the routing and show a option to buy the guide voice, so I click to cancel, and when I back to the map, my route has been cancelled. How can I disable this option to always use the route as it must be?

PS: Nokia PC Suite can find the device.

Last edited by RafaelPinaF; 12-02-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM

endarion is on a distinguished road

@RafaelPinaF:
Nokia Maps Uploader isn't supposed to recognize the i8910; it just gives you some "incompatible device" or "device not present" error, and then you go and download the maps anyways, and it asks if you are sure you want to download them onto the specified drive. I believe it only lists flash drives.

@iPitBull:
The default is 2D; you can set it to 3D in the menu under settings or preferences (I'm using 3.03 now, which is different, so I can't check). The map doesn't all look 3D like the sample screen; that's a special location that pops up when you have the license, for travel info. Normally 3D just looks like a slanted version of the 2D map, and is actually quite a bit harder to use (it is meant to be navigated with the compass, which doesn't work with this phone, so it becomes hard to tell your direction).
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

does anyone else have issues with the new beta where all the labels for the icon appear as commands? like Home_xxx_etc. im using 3.02 09wk26 for now as it doesn't have problems for me. the newer ones all do
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 PM

loucosp is on a distinguished road
Default Maps

Hello Guys

I dont know if someone face same problem , but i cant use nokia maps updater (not recognize my phone).

Solution: use maps loader.

RGDS
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM

marked is on a distinguished road

Mine is working nicely for now.

Hooked up Samsung in mass storage mode and started up Map loader.

Map loader recognized the phone ( bottom left corner of the screen ) and downloaded maps.

Everything works great for now
Old 02-14-2010, 11:05 AM

stann007 is on a distinguished road
Default ovi maps loader

I downloaded maps loader vesrion 2.0 and connected omnia hd in mass storage mode but the maps loader only showed voices but no maps
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM

seadragon is on a distinguished road

Can someone please details on how to get Ovi maps to work on i8910.

My i8910 is upgraded to hx 2.02, so I asume it it fully hacked with ROMpatcher.

Where do I get ovi maps.sis from ??

THANK VERY MUCH
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 PM

ambrookes09 is on a distinguished road

the download links dont work, can u repost please.

also i have tried to download the ovi maps from the nokia website and install onto my phone using the application installer and it comes up with a certificate error.

please help ?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement