Ovi Maps 3.1 - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Taomyn is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
You don't get the 3D landmarks because you haven't got a licenced copy. I purchased a licence for one year and everything (except the compass) works perfectly on the i8910.
Ah, that explains it, thanks.

What version are you running?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Ah, that explains it, thanks.

What version are you running?
3.03 09wk35
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP - Former Mod

surge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
You don't get the 3D landmarks because you haven't got a licenced copy. I purchased a licence for one year and everything (except the compass) works perfectly on the i8910.
Hey lord almighty, how much was the 1 year navi license?
Also, how did you buy it...through the program itself?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Hey lord almighty, how much was the 1 year navi license?
Also, how did you buy it...through the program itself?
Bought a code off eBay for 10.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:22 AM
VIP - Former Mod

Well I bought a 60 day license thru the app itself for about 8 bucks or so I think and I still do not have a 3d map. The program is also quite stuttery and laggy when I am driving. I should have just bought a 1 day license...

This program is nice for walking cause it does offer alot of POI's but I definitely regret buying the nav license. So far, I think route66 actually does the best job in terms of graphics \ GUI and speed, but their POIs and map data for the USA suck..

I have only used ndrive a few times (also have that installed) and it seems OK.
Will have to test it out more.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM

shaun463 is on a distinguished road
Default help (as usual)

Hi
I have just bought a i8910HD and trying to get maps, i have tried to follow the info here but something did not work. i have downloaded Nokia Maps updater as suggested BUT it will not recognise my phone at all, for me to download maps. I have found another site which allows me to downlads maps but ask me to RUN OVI MAPS FIRST so either way i am not doing well, and if i download what folder on the phone do i put them in. I would like to see this work as it is the first phone i have had than can do this AND I am in Cyprus which might be a problem. Hope you can assist
thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP - Former Mod

You need to put the phone in mass storage mode...then select the correct volume letter in the ovi maps sync program.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:26 PM

shaun463 is on a distinguished road

Hi
thanks re mass storage mode as i put it in PC Suite BUT don't understand what you mean by select correct volume letter in the ovi maps sync program. I am trying to use Nokia maps updater. I connect the phone by USB NOW saying mass storeage but the updater says no phone attached and can not detect my phone. sure im being dim but hope to get there
Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM
VIP - Former Mod

Check your drive letters, maybe there is a conflict...do you use an sd card?

BTW---Every single time I open OviMaps, it defaults to "Offiline" mode -- WHY!?
I have to manually go in every singe time and tell it to connect to the internet and set the destination...GR!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM

RafaelPinaF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun463 View Post
Hi
thanks re mass storage mode as i put it in PC Suite BUT don't understand what you mean by select correct volume letter in the ovi maps sync program. I am trying to use Nokia maps updater. I connect the phone by USB NOW saying mass storeage but the updater says no phone attached and can not detect my phone. sure im being dim but hope to get there
I have the same problem.
But, I installed the Ovi Maps.sis on my mobile, and now it's running well. I'm dowloading the maps from my mobile instead of Nokia Map Loader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement