Help with Orange Maps on debranded phone please - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:28 PM

ido1111 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with Orange Maps on debranded phone please

i flashed my phone as soon as i got it on saturday and followed link to get orange maps reinstalled. I get the file and it starts an installation but when i choose orange maps from apps menu it attempts to complete a final install but fails with message:
Sorry,unable to complete installation. Please check your network coverage and try again. If problem persists, please call your Orange Customer Services.

Has anyone been able to resolve this and if so how? I have network coverge so don't understand why it won't install.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 PM

DeekosRSV is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help with Orange Maps on debranded phone please

I get this message whether running Orange or debranded. My g/f has the same phone and orange maps works perfectly. I've been onto Orange CS and its being escalated. Loads are having the same issues i'm told
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM

moggsy is on a distinguished road

Yeah - I've debranded mine too and am not that bothered yet. There ARE other alternatives obviously....but I suspect you want the OM's coz it's avaiable on your plan for free (like me...)

The reason it's failing I suspect is it's NOT on their list of supported phones - even though it comes shipped pre-installed on it. Go figure!!

The reason I'm not bothered just at the minute is because when I used it while on the Orange FW...though quite good - it ripped the battery life to bits! If I were to use it - it would HAVE to be in the car with the cig lighter power cord - but I've got a TomTom for that!!

Doesn't help you much I know, but hopefully their CS team will rectify it pretty sharpish and, coupled with the impending FW update next week that is sposed to improve battery life - then it'll merit trying again.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Laura Croft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ido1111 View Post
i flashed my phone as soon as i got it on saturday and followed link to get orange maps reinstalled. I get the file and it starts an installation but when i choose orange maps from apps menu it attempts to complete a final install but fails with message:
Sorry,unable to complete installation. Please check your network coverage and try again. If problem persists, please call your Orange Customer Services.

Has anyone been able to resolve this and if so how? I have network coverge so don't understand why it won't install.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
OP was a few weeks ago. I had the same issue when my phone was still branded. Orange updated my subscription and that error messge disappeared. I then had a new one as apparently lots of people who ported their numbers over haven't been able to use Orange Maps. I debranded my phone after this, and now it's working fine. Long story short, I don't think that error message has anything to do with your phone being debranded!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 AM

moggsy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Croft
OP was a few weeks ago. I had the same issue when my phone was still branded. Orange updated my subscription and that error messge disappeared. I then had a new one as apparently lots of people who ported their numbers over haven't been able to use Orange Maps. I debranded my phone after this, and now it's working fine. Long story short, I don't think that error message has anything to do with your phone being debranded!
Oh right...that's good to know. How did you go about re-installing them on your debranded phone?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggsy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Croft
Oh right...that's good to know. How did you go about re-installing them on your debranded phone?
Orange had already updated my subscription so that helped. I already had OM installed (it just wasnt' running) so it was fairly straight forward. See my other post on this section too.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:02 PM

gixxer is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with OM not working. It worked for a few days untill my phone number was ported over to Orange. Having contacted Orange they tell me it's a known issue when porting number over. No solution at the moment:-(

Anyone got any idea when this may be resolved?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
I have the same problem with OM not working. It worked for a few days untill my phone number was ported over to Orange. Having contacted Orange they tell me it's a known issue when porting number over. No solution at the moment:-(

Anyone got any idea when this may be resolved?
Debranding my phone worked for me!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM

mixmasterlooney is on a distinguished road

I know this was posted a very long time ago but i came across this topic googling some things about orange map.

Basically i had the same problem after debranding my Satio, The problem is with your connection profiles/settings.

After debrading you will no longer have the orange settings, so you need to have them sent to your phone from orange, the orange settings page is here Orange Setup

After you've received the settings, you need to rename the connection settings profile to "orangeinternet" the default is something like "orange wap" don't remember but whatever it is, it needs to be renamed to "orangeinternet"

Also set this profile as default connection. Without this specific profile name orange maps will not install.

I hope this help anyone who's had this problem or people who may come acrosss this topic for future use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement