Sygic fills my C:\ drive - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM

R0B5KI is on a distinguished road
Default Sygic fills my C:\ drive

Hi guys. Since recently sygic started filling my omnia's c:\Data\ with loads of NMEA.txt files. Their size/amount is so great that my c:\ free space came from 20Mb down to about 300Kb and I started getting "low memory" warnings. The filename seems to consist of exact date and time followed by NMEA.txt (here's an example: 20101213 15_55_27 NMEA.txt The file sizes vary from 600 B to around 1 MB. After deleting these files c:\ free space comes back to normal, sygic's performance seems unaffected (meaning: works fine) but after every use I've to go to C:\Data\ and delete bunch of newly created NMEA files.
Any ideas, please?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 07:08 AM

thebeaver is on a distinguished road

Very strange, mine doesnt do it. What version are you using and which rom?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Dark Modder

DSA is on a distinguished road

When installing sygic, did you install it to your c:/ drive?

do you have the option to install to mass memory instead?

(i dont use the app myself, just trying a bit of trial & error)

Old 12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Sounds strange. NMEA files are usually used to relay GPS information from the app to another app or device. Check your options and see if has something else defined via COM-ports than your Integrated GPS.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:48 AM

R0B5KI is on a distinguished road

Hi! Thanks guys for your responses.
thebeaver: the sygic version is 8.06 and I'm still on Italian XXII2
DSA: app and maps installed on E:\
WarCow: all I know about NMEA files is that they have something to do with gps. period. When you mentioned checking options you meant Sygic's settings or omnia's gps options? I've noticed that every time I enter Sygic's menu or some options and then leave even without making any changes "saving..." notification appears. Same happens upon exiting sygic. Just now I've launched Sygic only to check its version and closed it down quickly - most probably way too quickly for program to get gps lock and found two NMEA files in C:\Data\.

If there's more questions - fire away people! I'll be really grateful for solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement