Nokia OVI Maps v3.04(165) for OmniaHD and other s60v5 devices - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD GPS Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM
drink's like a fish

m0h1t is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia OVI Maps v3.04(165) for OmniaHD and other s60v5 devices

Nokia OVI Maps v3.04(165) m0h1t mod
modded for i8910

So here we have the latest version of OVI maps modded by me for our beloved samsung i8910 omnia hd.
Have been using this one since yesterday, haven't found any bugs as of yet. If you find one, do post it here.

There has been some speculation about new maps being available of late, hence I'd recommend deleting the "cities" folder from root directory of E: or F: if they are still there after the installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_EfNl1Uucw

Source: New Ovi Maps: Faster. Better. Personal. – Ovi blog

Change log
Quote:
Faster
Every day, over 80% of you that are using Ovi Maps in online mode find your position on the map. Now we made it faster and more accurate: our engineers optimized the process of acquiring the location and added Wi-Fi positioning in the mix. Now you can locate yourself faster and more precisely, no matter if you are in a mall, on the street surrounded by skyscrapers or driving on an open highway. Wi-Fi positioning is a work in progress and it will get better and better as more people use it.

The second major change done under the hood was related to graphics performance when zooming in and out of maps, panning and tilting. All these functionalities are now faster, and in the new N8, they are blazing fast. Check out this video to see it in action in an early build:

Better
Every day, more than 50% of you using Ovi Maps in online mode search for places and addresses. And during these months we worked hard to make sure that we increase the number of places that can be found. And we are happy to tell you that today we have more points of interest that you can find across the globe, consolidated from NAVTEQ, Lonely Planet, Michelin, local Yellow pages companies like Telegate in Germany, Cityvox in France, Yell in Spain and Yellow Pages in Turkey.

This last bit you are going to love. Starting today, Qype places are available in Ovi Maps. Qype is Europe’s leading portal of user generated recommendations and review and now you can discover and rate Qype places by searching in Ovi Maps. Rest assured, this is just the beginning. We are expanding the coverage of places every week so you can always find what are you looking for. Just remember to search for places in online mode to take advantage of all the new additions.

More personal
Next, we looked at navigation. Over 40% of you use Drive navigation every day in online mode. Together, we drive more than 14 times around the world every day with Ovi Maps. We know that many of you are taking advantage of the unique offline mode navigation capabilities of Ovi Maps so the actual figure is far more greater.

With Own Voice, you can now make Drive navigation your own. Record your personal voice commands or ask a friend, your kids or your better half. And if you want, you can share it with the world. Your voice can help millions of people find their way. Isn’t this cool? Your voice on millions and millions of Nokia devices.

You can also discover and use what others have created. Since launching 2 weeks ago, over 4000 voice packs were shared by you with the world via Own Voice.

Navigation has never been this personal or fun for that matter. Just head to ovi.com/ownvoice to get started and go to nokia.com/maps to get the new Ovi Maps release.

Finally, if you plan on upgrading your device, we have great news for you. Starting 2 weeks ago, N97, N97 mini, 6710 Navigator and X6 ship with the new Ovi Maps, a car holder and a car charger in box. 5800 XpressMusic, 5230, E52 and E72 will ship with the new Ovi Maps and a car holder. So you are ready to go when you leave the shop.
Also, a big thanks to Geco979 for the S60SOA package

Download
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
Download OVI Maps v3.04(165) m0h1t mod.sisx from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Notes:
-Make sure you uninstall the previous version before installing this.
-S60SOA package is required, Install it carefully because I've heard it can't be uninstalled. Though one could manually delete the files.
-It's unsigned, signing it wont really help because it has a few sub packages that have been modified and are unsigned. Use HelloOX.
-No e: mod this time as it causes quite a few issues, this one will automatically install on C:, ~12-13mb will be used up.
-While removing, uninstall the main package and it will uninstall all the sub/associated packages.

Last edited by m0h1t; 06-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to m0h1t For This Useful Post:
Andersson (06-03-2010), apchai (06-03-2010), brrip (06-03-2010), cadbusca (08-05-2010), dejanslo (06-05-2010), dermeanwang (06-04-2010), dynamiks (06-03-2010), Jörn (06-07-2010), mohcivil (01-04-2011), trolldenier (09-21-2010), w1lliam (06-03-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

great job! always love your work. from emoze to ovi maps. awesome stuff

EDIT: update error on hx 4, now can't even install older one back install error

EDIT2: it's my phone, worked fine after 2 reboots and disabling c2z

Last edited by brrip; 06-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
drink's like a fish

Damn. I'm on hx v5 and it install's very smoothly.
Can you tell at what specific point do you get the update error for this version, and does it just say "install error" while installing the older version or does it say something else as well?

Last edited by m0h1t; 06-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Dr. Acula

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h1t View Post
Damn. I'm on hx v5 and install's very smoothly.
What error does it give when you try to install the older version?
actually, i can't install anything now. something's up with my phone, nothing to do with the installer file probably. so odd, all was well till last night

EDIT: works fine!

Last edited by brrip; 06-03-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Andersson is on a distinguished road

Nice work m0h1t, thank you very very very much, now i can find my way.
HX v5

:EDIT
Previous maps must be uninstalled.

Last edited by Andersson; 06-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
drink's like a fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersson View Post
Nice work m0h1t, thank you very very very much, now i can find my way.
HX v5

:EDIT
Previous maps must be uninstalled.
can you tell me what error do you get when this is installed over the previos version, is it an update error?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Dr. Acula

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h1t View Post
can you tell me what error do you get when this is installed over the previos version, is it an update error?
yup it's an update error. I had it too, so I uninstalled and then installed your version. works like a charm
The Following User Says Thank You to brrip For This Useful Post:
Andersson (06-03-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the mod - and for the work you put in making it.

I should say that after a couple of failed attempts to install the file from Sendspace I switched to the RapidShare file and that installed first time. The Sendspace file just froze the mobile after going through the requests for all the little files. I'm running HX v5. Maybe I was just unlucky?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
drink's like a fish

let me re-up the file at sendspace.. done.

Last edited by m0h1t; 06-03-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 PM

MUGHALGXT is on a distinguished road

thanks for sharing, is the compass sync error solved in this version, as the compass wouldn't calibrate however hard i tried with the previous versions.

edit: will try myself and let know in the meanwhile would like to hear from others! Oh! am left with 12mb in c: drive, hopefully someone will come up with a modded version allowing users with original firmwares to rejoice with this update.

Last edited by MUGHALGXT; 06-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement