Fake Omnia HD - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 AM

mmul is on a distinguished road
Arrow Fake Omnia HD

HI to all.. Im new to this forum Im Glad to see you all here keeping such a great forum.

I tried to buy an Omnia HD , but the seller told me it had only chinese omnias , they were really cheap ( only 70 euro ). I searched in internet for chinese or fake omnia HD but I didn`t find any of them.
Now I went to another Mobile shop, and I saw there an 8 gb omnia HD , it looked perfect and it seemed to be origjinal , and the price was 499 Euros, I dont care for price, i thought of buying it , but I don`t know how to detect now fake omnias from the origjinal ones.

is there any way to detect origjinal from fake omnia ?
and I`ve heard that they`re producing origjinal Omnias from Dubai , they are origjinal , but they`re not as good as from Japan , now I really don`t know what to do?

could someone plz help me ?:-S

Thnx to all (*)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen any fake omnia hds on the internet yet so i don't know how real they look, but a good way of spotting fakes is if they cost less than 300€
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Stile is on a distinguished road

Well, original i8910 is very lousy, so I can only imagine how bad is this copy, he he...

Old 10-08-2009, 05:58 PM

pauluspink is on a distinguished road

Samsnug - lol!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 PM

oh yes this seems to be a fake omnia hd . thanky you guys .
Old 10-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Viggen is on a distinguished road

Thats not a fake... its "Anycall" version.

I'm with samsung phones long enough (d410, d500, d600, z400, d900, u600, i8910) to know that name already. Almost every new Samsung phone is pre-released as Anycall phone in South Korea. So no, it's not a fake, but its not full featured omnia hd either.

Actually it's not pre-release, they just always get them first since Samsung is Korean brand... It's like Opel in Europe and Voxhaul in UK = very same company, but different name in different region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anycall

Last edited by Viggen; 10-10-2009 at 09:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viggen For This Useful Post:
markbloke (10-10-2009)
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM

but you see that Stylus? .. omnia hd doesn`t have a stulys .
Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbloke View Post
[...]
Resolution of 240 320px
3.2-inch screen size 16:9 widescreen
Well, these specs ain't right if you compare it to i8910 by Samsung, so I can only assume the screen might be indeed resistive in Anycall version. On other hand, that looks like a random stylus you can buy for $1 on ebay... plus there is a sellers name printed on background paper - "wenxinlong" - if he was selling those as well, might be like an addon to the phone made by there seller. Now if there was Samsung branding on pics - that would make me wonder, but this is just custom made package.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbloke View Post
[...] you can see on the second pic there is a slot for the stylus built into the housing
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. But it just confirms my 1st theory - the Anycall version of i8910 got resistive screen.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:54 PM

kennyboy is on a distinguished road

it's a fake.

I've seen several China copies with the same Anycall logo on the phone. Yes, the company Anycall exists, but this is definitely a knockoff, not created by Samsung.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement