Fake Omnia HD - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM

boshindo2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbloke View Post
Thanks for that. Reading through the Wikipedia article it all makes perfect sense.

If I've got this right, Samsung set up a company (Anycall) to sell relatively poorly specified copies of their flagship products in South Korea and China.
They also own a band, who produce music with titles prefixed with the word "Any". Some of the band members went solo (or possibly not), and produced a single called "Amoled".

The only question remaining is; what are these people smoking?
I believe Anycall the main marketing brand for their products in Korea. I've had Anycall phones since 1999 they have always been top of the line and superior in technology than releases in the US. The Korean Anycall i900 had higher resolution for example.

I'm thinking this a Chinese knock off. Koreans rarely use chinese characters anymore unless its in a literary context or for random newspaper words. I mean come on, the word samsung isnt even spelled right.

Lee Hyori and BOA listed in the wiki are pretty big k-pop stars. Korea is sick with marketing to point where you want to vomit from oversaturation so I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung tried to cash in on their popularity.

The korean text in that image says Asian Economy. Dunno what it refers to tho. Would be a weird name for a band...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM

nmyseteroious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. But it just confirms my 1st theory - the Anycall version of i8910 got resistive screen.
I don't understand why this has to be so complicated. Whether it is Anycall or not...the phone should say Samsung not SamSNug or SamsOng either.

And there are a lot of Omnia HD out there that are less than $150 but most of the website will say that it's a Chinese copy, not the real one.

Many people in China only want the look of the phone ...that's the reason why these cheap copies exist.

Last edited by nmyseteroious; 10-11-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 AM

walcott is on a distinguished road

Hello guys. Im new here and have got a question regarding Omnia HD.
There are a lot of suggestions from China (HK) on ebay at the moment for around 200+ $, moreover they say its new. Look please NEW SAMSUNG i8910 Omnia HD 8GB 8MP GPS WiFi CELL PHONE | eBay
Or else on Aliexpress for instance Wholesale original unlocked Omnia HD i8910 internal 8GB memory 1 year warranty I don't really believe its 100% genuine phone, it can't be sold for such a low price, the the phone's specifications are on the Galaxy S level and in some moments are even higher.
All this seems strange because new omnia are sold only in China and no where else. Thoughi found a few new suggestions in Germany and they sell them for around 300 euro. Im sure they are genuine there but not these Chinese for 200$. On the other hand i didn't find any new omnias in online or offline stores, jsut from China!
I asked a few chinese sellers to provide real detailed photos including underbattery parts but i ddin't receive anything back from them. Found in the feedbacks that many buyers compained on poor packaging, sometimes not as retail, some buyers say it didn't work long (not the omnia but other samsung phones from this seller).
Im asking this because i wanted to take 1 for myself. What can you say guys?

Last edited by walcott; 12-19-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM

walcott is on a distinguished road

Nice photos from chinese friends ROFL

The chinese seller has just said its anycall i8910, not Samsung. Waiting for the photos at the moment. Looks this way http://freemail.ukr.net/q/image/1.pn...0000025265;0;1

Last edited by walcott; 12-19-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement