USB charging - voltage/ amperage comparison - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums var xl8_script = document.createElement("script"); xl8_script.src = "http://loadus.exelator.com/load/?p=239&g=053&c=927073&ctg=Mobile&make=Samsung&Model=i8910 Omnia&j=d"; xl8_script.type = "text/javascript"; xl8_script.async = true; document.body.appendChild(xl8_script); 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR View Post
What part of it is not entirely correct?
From what I read in your post I understood, that max output is 100 mah which would mean, that our phones need about 15 hours to fully charge using USB?

Maybe I understood it incorrectly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 PM

GIR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdigre View Post
From what I read in your post I understood, that max output is 100 mah which would mean, that our phones need about 15 hours to fully charge using USB?

Maybe I understood it incorrectly.
There's a difference between Ampere and Ampere Hour. It would actually take 18 hours to fully charge the battery and it does. It could be your laptop/computer has a newer USB host controller which supports the configured devices profile, in this mode it can provide 500mA to a device after being configured correctly but this profile is not always available and laptops tend to disable this as it would draw too much current. IN this mode it would take 3.6 hours to fully charge from zero.

Last edited by GIR; 10-02-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 AM

urhhoney is on a distinguished road
Question Galaxy S charging on ipod 1000mah charger

I have a galaxy S and i am using the standard usb cable but I am using a ipod charger that puts out 1000mah.... charges in about 2 hours and some minutes .... is that alright... everything else is the same as the standard 700mah charger the voltage, the frequency the lot ! only 1000mah charges a but faster....
I was previously using a nokia e55 it had the same 1500mah battery and got a charger that put 1200mah it charged around 1 hour and a half almost .... that was bloody fast charging... cant samsumg galaxy S people pull that off... ???
Old 09-22-2010, 05:49 PM

Roger99 is on a distinguished road

Too much charging current gets the battery hot and reduces its life, so it's a tradeoff between charging time and how soon you have to buy a new one.

The regulator in the phone limits the charge current to a safe level, but 'safe' is a matter of opinion. So some phones change quicker than others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement