Iphone vs i8910? - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD General Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
I make useful posts

soraxd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to soraxd Send a message via MSN to soraxd

watch how much iphone sucks, the nexus one is over 350% faster.. three hundred fifty freaking percent! thats like comparing the Omnia HD to a Motorola RAZR..

YouTube - iPhone 4 Vs. Nexus One
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 AM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
and common.. if you touch the iphone 4 in the bottom left corner it drops a call because of a faulty antenna? thats something that will never be fixed..
It's because of a design fault. Really, if they want to fix this, redesign the damn phone.

What SJ had said and what really happened are contradict. See the image: You are holding your iPhone 4 the wrong way, you know! - GSMArena.com news All Apple staffs are holding it the wrong way! And now, SJ tell users to "Just avoid holding it that way."???

Now what's the point of buying a phone which cost the same price as a high-end PC that can't have enough reception when you're holding it the wrong way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
watch how much iphone sucks, the nexus one is over 350% faster.. three hundred fifty freaking percent! thats like comparing the Omnia HD to a Motorola RAZR..

YouTube - iPhone 4 Vs. Nexus One
And didn't you say that your omniaHD's browser just faster than EVO 4G's? At least omniaHD still kicks some a$$es.
i897:android 2.2.1/continuum 4/speedmod k13d

Last edited by vit12345; 06-26-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit12345 View Post
And didn't you say that your omniaHD's browser just faster than EVO 4G's? At least omniaHD still kicks some a$$es.
hey hey hey, don't get too optimistic :P
Nothing beats the browser on Android 2.2, except maybe a Nokia N900. We have to admit that the i8910's built-in browser is complete crap. Opera Mobile 10 on the other hand could be compared to some other high-end phones. But you can't possibly compare it to Android Froyo.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 PM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road

No. soraxd said this himself when he went to a phone store to test the evo man. you can ask about this from him.

Here: see post #7 http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...f-the-Galaxy-S

P.S stock Evo didn't get 2.2 yet
i897:android 2.2.1/continuum 4/speedmod k13d

Last edited by vit12345; 06-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:00 PM

CptSamir is on a distinguished road

So from what i see, here are thing to add to the negative.

Iphone 4:
  1. No Flash, also slower, as in this video *Thanks soraxd*
  2. If you hold it the "wrong way" you lose signal as in this video *Thanks Briggs*
  3. Your screen has orange dots when you first open it than vanishes after a couple of days, what was it doing before you opened it. lol

At the moment the feedback im seeing from videos and other forums is not shooting well for the iphone 4.

Last edited by CptSamir; 06-26-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 PM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit12345 View Post
No. soraxd said this himself when he went to a phone store to test the evo man. you can ask about this from him.

Here: see post #7 Any good reviews/comparisons of the Galaxy S?

P.S stock Evo didn't get 2.2 yet
in contrast to Samsung, HTC actually updates their customers phones so 2.2 on the Evo is just a question of time.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:03 AM

CptSamir is on a distinguished road

Found a nice video shows why not to buy a iphone, it also shows what it thinks are better or similar phones, check it out on cnet
Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 AM

monstermunch is on a distinguished road

I have been an i8910 owner for seven months and I have just jumped ship for iPhone 4. I have a 32gb on order with Apple and it's due to arrive on July 14. So I thought I'd chip in with my experience of i8910 and iOS4...

I haven't used the iPhone 4 yet but my employer recently bought me an iPod Touch for user testing and I have been playing around with it this weekend and have upgraded it to iOS4. So while I don't have any direct experience with iPhone 4 I have used iOS4 and since the iPod Touch is pretty much an iPhone without the phone functionality I can offer some comparison.

Firstly, my experience with i8910 has not been a good one. There are some things I like, for instance, the camera, and the divX support. But mostly the i8910 has been frustrating and disappointing. In fact, were it not for Opera Mobile, I would have sold it long ago as I find the built in web browser so bad as to be pretty much unusable. It’s just been hassle from the start, waiting endlessly for an unlock code from Samsung, then having to change the firmware to a different region, then trying to install apps that inevitably don’t work because of some signing issue or they’re just not compatible with non-Nokia phones. The native apps are awful, even something as simple as setting up push email was a nightmare and although I’ve got it to syc I still have no idea how I actually access my inbox! Or the podcasting app – does that thing even work? Then there’s Symbian, oh how I HATE Symbian. The whole experience is just very very poor and frankly I can’t wait to be rid of the i8910.

iOS4 by comparison has been an absolute joy to use. The user experience is supremely good and everything just works, everything is just so intuitive and well thought out. It took me literally 1 minute to enter my email details and sync my exchange email and there was my inbox and folders all laid out in an intuitive interface. The app store has been a revelation. There are just so many fantastic apps which really add unlimited dimensions of added functionality. The best thing is that most of the really good ones are free, even the paid are apps are mostly very inexpensive <£2. I saw the list of specs that the OP put up and I think this rather misses the point of the iPhone. It’s not about raw horsepower or who has the most pixels it’s about the user experience. Having said that I have to say the speed and fluidity of iOS4 running on an 8gb iPod Touch is superb and is WAY better than anything i8910 can do. For instance, Safari starts almost instantly whereas Opera takes several seconds to load on i8910. Everything feels slightly ‘laggy’ on i8910, on iOS4 everything feels immediate and smooth. I don’t know, maybe the specs say different but everything ‘feels’ a lot smoother and a lot quicker on iOS4. Overall the i8910 isn’t even in the same league as the iPhone/iTouch in my opinion.

I have been a big critic of Apple and the iPhone in the past almost to the point of being an Apple ‘hater’. But after using iOS for a short while I have say I was completely wrong about the iPhone. Yes there are some things that bother me about Apple and their business practices and their ‘closed platform’. But after experiencing how good iOS is I’m prepared to put up with them – at least until the competition get their act together. There are some things that bug me about iPhone. For instance, not being able to use it as a removable storage device – although there are ways of getting around this and with free cloud services such as dropbox it’s really not that big a deal. And having to use iTunes – although having used it for a bit it’s not so bad, in fact, as an integrated media player, app store and syncing solution it works very well. Overall I’m left thinking ‘why was I so stubborn – why on earth didn’t I get an iPhone sooner’ and ‘why did I waste so much money on the i8910’ (it’s depreciated by over £250 in six months!). The iPhone is a superb device and I can’t wait to get my hands on my new iPhone 4.

Now of course some people will say that the iPhone is limited and that you can’t customise it. I know some people like to fiddle and customise. I’m a bit of a techie myself (I work in web) so I’m not averse to a little customisation and tweeking. What I don’t get however, is why you would even want to customise the i8910? It’s like trying to polish a turd. The phone is just broken at quite a fundamental level i.e. the OS. So why even bother trying to fix it. With the iPhone everything just works so I wouldn’t feel the need to customise and tweak. I suppose you could customise and tweek it but to what end? Why bother if it already works? I don’t even think it’s a techies vs average user thing. Almost all the people I know at work who’ve recently bought an iPhone work in the web or IT teams – we’re talking seriously ‘techie’ people. What most people want, (including techies) is a phone that is easy and fun to use and works out of the box and that’s what the iPhone is.

I do think, and hope, that Andriod will up it’s game to match the iPhone. Ultimately I think they’ll be two big Smartphone platforms, iOS and Andriod (perhaps three with Blackberry), everyone else Symbian/Meego/Bada/WinMo etc have completely missed the boat. It's all about the apps and the iOS and Andriod app stores are too mature and well developed for the others to catch up. Maybe, just maybe, WinMo could catch up but only if Microsoft throw some serious cash at it to incentivise app developers. So if I were looking for a new phone and I didn’t want an iPhone I’d be looking at an Android device. FWIW I think the HTC Desire does look like a very nice phone.

Well anyway. That’s my 2p’s worth from an i8910 soon to be iPhone 4 user.

Last edited by monstermunch; 06-28-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 AM

rchrdrdr is on a distinguished road

"I suppose you could customise and tweek it but to what end?"
----------

Jesus..... Without jailbreaking ios4 is so boring and, yes, limited. Apple really needs to hire some of those jailbreak app developers. A jailbroken iPhone, etc. is a new and MUCH better experience.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM

monstermunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrdrdr View Post
"I suppose you could customise and tweek it but to what end?"
----------

Jesus..... Without jailbreaking ios4 is so boring and, yes, limited. Apple really needs to hire some of those jailbreak app developers. A jailbroken iPhone, etc. is a new and MUCH better experience.

I suppose it very much depends what you want out of a phone.

Personally I find it utterly tedious and boring having to fiddle around with firmware, ROMís and endless technical shenanigans trying to get apps and basic phone functions working. I find Symbian boring and the lack of apps boring, not to mention unintuitive and therefore, for me, very limited. I havenít even touched my i8910 since I got the iTouch.

Iíd much rather be enjoying the iOS features - using cool apps, games, the fantastic web browser, email, the awesome music player etc. Perhaps there are limitations but I havenít come across any that really bother me. Certainly none that would persuade me to go down the jailbreak route, although Iíve only just started with iOS so I accept that I may feel differently after I used it for a while. Flash support would be nice but itís not a must have on a mobile device and thereís a great Youtube app (way better than the i8910 one btw). divX support would be nice but I can convert videos quickly and easily using handbrake so itís not a show stopper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread