Iphone vs i8910? - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD General Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 PM

CptSamir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgije View Post
no, networks in the USA don't support the standard version of video calling. I have no idea why.
So here is my ?, does video calling work in europe from lets say, my i8910 to another phone with video calling? that is not the i8910?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM

jeroensk is on a distinguished road

hi,
Quick reply from the netherlands. I've been ysing video calling since day one, works perfect, although hx v3 & v4 did not work, nown hx v5 and working all the time. You should check if you provider supports it.

Cheers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Crossroads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrip View Post
prepare for the hate wave.

you know what the iphone 4 has that the i8910 doesn't?

UPDATES!
No hate here. But in general this comparison seems kinda odd. I know the debate has been raging for a long time, but it comes down to what's important to you and by that I don't mean specs. I'll explain.

What I'm about to say may have been pointed out before in other similar comparison threads. These phones are so completely different that comparison is silly, though admittedly it's inevitable.

The truth is, I have an i8910 HD and my wife of 25 years has an iphone 3. The 25 years is for context - I know my wife. She would never be happy with my phone, and I would die of boredom with hers. She wanted a phone that would wow her, but doesn't have the patience to learn how to use it. It has to be veeeery intuitive, and the iphone is. "How do you...nevermind, I got it." All day long. I was attracted to the customization of the i8910 HD, plus all the cool features. I researched it, wanted Symbian for the apps availability, themes, etc. and understood the downsides (and they abound!).

Here's a point that's often overlooked and universal to the decision process made by teams of designers and engineers: from a design point of view, creating the ability to customize and creating something that is intuitively easy to operate are fundamentally opposing values. At each step of the process, the question is raised, "What will we gain...what will we loose". For better or worse, you make your choice and then go to market. In the end, it is the structured limitations of the iphone that annoy me...and that my wife loves. And vise-versa with my phone. You can't please them all.

So, regarding updates, yes, Samsung dropped the ball. They should be caned repeatedly and often, followed by a good dowsing with salt and vinegar on the open wounds. But thankfully, we live in the information age (some of us actually recall a time before when...) and it's soo easy to share as a community to solve many issues. Thanks to cookers there are some great cfw's out there. My fav is JC1-WS-02-En as a great fast base with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, but to each his own. That's kinda the point. Again, your bad, Samsung. No excuse. But let it go and find a solution. Learn to flash properly, take a risk, learn from those willing to share (that's not directed at you brrip). That's the beauty of forums. It wasn't always that way, but that's off topic.

The debate will go on, but the specs thing is just silly, and the "my phone's better than you're phone" mentality is juvenile. These two phones are not really in the same market - they're in cross-over markets. For the reasons I have just stated, I don't think people make a buying decision based on specs alone as much as we might think. There's a bigger picture here and it's easy to loose sight of it. Peace.

Last edited by Crossroads; 06-25-2010 at 06:56 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crossroads For This Useful Post:
brrip (06-26-2010), cambo (06-25-2010), Fevves (06-25-2010), Greg (06-25-2010), XAn4ETO (06-27-2010)

Old 06-25-2010, 07:08 PM

Georgije is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSamir View Post
So here is my ?, does video calling work in europe from lets say, my i8910 to another phone with video calling? that is not the i8910?
Well i have a confession to make, in the 11 months that i have had an i8910, i have never done a video call :P

It's just not such an interesting and useful feature as Steve Jobs says.

I just assume it would work if i needed it, i see no reason for it not to. If video calling worked on my Nokia 6630 from 2005 it's logical that it shouldn't have any problems on a phone from 2009.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

Oh classic - YouTube - Are you killing your iPhone 4 signal?

Way to go apple

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Old 06-26-2010, 12:53 AM

rchrdrdr is on a distinguished road

But a JAILBROKEN iPhone would be pretty sweet.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM

lotus989 is on a distinguished road

the I8910 and the iPhone 3G would be a better comparison.

Apple iPhone 4 vs Samsung i9000 is more appropriate as the i8910 is 2 years old
Old 06-26-2010, 04:21 AM
I make useful posts

soraxd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to soraxd Send a message via MSN to soraxd

i8910 would win in a browser speed test, the iphone 4 doesnt even have flash.. its slower than the iphone 3GS check out the comparison videos up.

and common.. if you touch the iphone 4 in the bottom left corner it drops a call because of a faulty antenna? thats something that will never be fixed..
Old 06-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus989 View Post
the I8910 and the iPhone 3G would be a better comparison.

Apple iPhone 4 vs Samsung i9000 is more appropriate as the i8910 is 2 years old
2 years old? it's barely a year old. 2 years is just how long it feels
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads View Post
No hate here. But in general this comparison seems kinda odd. I know the debate has been raging for a long time, but it comes down to what's important to you and by that I don't mean specs. I'll explain.

What I'm about to say may have been pointed out before in other similar comparison threads. These phones are so completely different that comparison is silly, though admittedly it's inevitable.

The truth is, I have an i8910 HD and my wife of 25 years has an iphone 3. The 25 years is for context - I know my wife. She would never be happy with my phone, and I would die of boredom with hers. She wanted a phone that would wow her, but doesn't have the patience to learn how to use it. It has to be veeeery intuitive, and the iphone is. "How do you...nevermind, I got it." All day long. I was attracted to the customization of the i8910 HD, plus all the cool features. I researched it, wanted Symbian for the apps availability, themes, etc. and understood the downsides (and they abound!).

Here's a point that's often overlooked and universal to the decision process made by teams of designers and engineers: from a design point of view, creating the ability to customize and creating something that is intuitively easy to operate are fundamentally opposing values. At each step of the process, the question is raised, "What will we gain...what will we loose". For better or worse, you make your choice and then go to market. In the end, it is the structured limitations of the iphone that annoy me...and that my wife loves. And vise-versa with my phone. You can't please them all.

So, regarding updates, yes, Samsung dropped the ball. They should be caned repeatedly and often, followed by a good dowsing with salt and vinegar on the open wounds. But thankfully, we live in the information age (some of us actually recall a time before when...) and it's soo easy to share as a community to solve many issues. Thanks to cookers there are some great cfw's out there. My fav is JC1-WS-02-En as a great fast base with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, but to each his own. That's kinda the point. Again, your bad, Samsung. No excuse. But let it go and find a solution. Learn to flash properly, take a risk, learn from those willing to share (that's not directed at you brrip). That's the beauty of forums. It wasn't always that way, but that's off topic.

The debate will go on, but the specs thing is just silly, and the "my phone's better than you're phone" mentality is juvenile. These two phones are not really in the same market - they're in cross-over markets. For the reasons I have just stated, I don't think people make a buying decision based on specs alone as much as we might think. There's a bigger picture here and it's easy to loose sight of it. Peace.
well spoken, don't see how that could have been directed at me anyway |-boing flip-| what i meant was that there's gonna be a lot of i**** and other names coming up, that happens all too often whenever you mention any other phone besides ours on this forum.

but yeah i have th exact same discussion with my dad, except it was regarding the blackberry bold. having symbian really makes you work for htose goodies
Advertisement

Closed Thread