If you're on the T-mobile USA Network Read This!!! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 PM

surfinmobile is on a distinguished road
Default If you're on the T-mobile USA Network Read This!!!

Hey, everyone this is my first post, although I've been reading this forum since I got my Omnia HD.

Now if you're using the T-Mobile USA network like I am, most probably, you've encountered an issue with your voicemail indicator displaying. This issue bugged me to the point where I escalated it all the way up to the top with T-Mobile. Fortunately, I stumbled onto a thread where users reported success using the UAE JVIF2 firmware. The only problem is that I didn't want to use an old firmware especially when the recent ones add a lot of cool new features. So I decided to do an experiment and extracted the modem.bin file and flashed just that on top of the latest Hyper X firmware and it WORKED!!!

So regardless of what firmware you are running, just flash this modem.bin file and you should have your voicemail indicator working again.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Now... to only figure out how to get 3G running on the T-Mobile USA network
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 AM
The Situation

joey is on a distinguished road

SO no matter what firmware

I just open sybian flash tool and flash the modem and nothing else? Woll flash tool allow you to do this , and also will anything else be changed or delete from my phone?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:45 AM

surfinmobile is on a distinguished road

Yes any firmware you're running as long as you flash this particular modem bin. Just open symbian rom flashing tool and select the modem file (MODEM BIN). Make sure the other 2 spaces are cleared (CODE XML FILE AND CSC XML FILE) and flash. Everything else will remain the same way. I am currently running HX2.02 and it works.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:36 AM
The Situation

will def try this
Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM

jj03 is on a distinguished road

When i had the voicemail problem, bearing in mind i'm in the uk, i just did the old three button trick...
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 PM

Hwasin is on a distinguished road

I never had a voicemail problem no matter what firmware I used with Tmobile usa.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 AM

macjon is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinmobile View Post
Hey, everyone this is my first post, although I've been reading this forum since I got my Omnia HD.

Now if you're using the T-Mobile USA network like I am, most probably, you've encountered an issue with your voicemail indicator displaying. This issue bugged me to the point where I escalated it all the way up to the top with T-Mobile. Fortunately, I stumbled onto a thread where users reported success using the UAE JVIF2 firmware. The only problem is that I didn't want to use an old firmware especially when the recent ones add a lot of cool new features. So I decided to do an experiment and extracted the modem.bin file and flashed just that on top of the latest Hyper X firmware and it WORKED!!!

So regardless of what firmware you are running, just flash this modem.bin file and you should have your voicemail indicator working again.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Now... to only figure out how to get 3G running on the T-Mobile USA network
I understand that the voicemail indicator doesn't work but remember u can have ur voicemail text u whenever u get a voicemail...it usually shows up as a text from 129...and that modem makes my internet really slow which is very annoying so i guess i can live with the no voicemail alert. just call 611 and ask them about the vociemail alert text.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
The Situation

So did anyone confirm flashing surfermobile's file and having their voicemail indicator return??
Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Pansa is on a distinguished road

Hello,
Sorry maybe I am missing something but if you're talking about voicemail indicator been out of sync - showing that you have a voicemail when in reality you don't... I had this on my son's Nokia. The reason for that was that he had some old stored voicemails in the SIM card which was installed in the new handset. After I deleted the messages everything started working...
Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
The Situation

No I just dont have a voicemail indicator at all.. I had to set my voicemail up so that whenever I get a vmail, my phone txts me. But I dont want to deal with that anymore and was wondering if flashing surfinmobiles file would really work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement