Petition for Samsung to improve firmware, please sign on! - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 11:48 AM

yade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
Signed

Nokia is doin some great stuff with the symbian os, time for samsung to get off their ass and support its products!!
Nokia are the main contributer to Symbian^2 feature set but as it is open source all Samsung have to do is let Nokia do the hard work then just implement it.

I have signed but don't get the whole Android plea. Why do people keep getting hung up on Android? It has some great eye candy and is looking very good but its overall functionality and power still is behind Symbian.
I want Symbian but implemented properly.

Last edited by yade; 11-19-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM

gutter is on a distinguished road

Imho, people look to Android cause of the app support. We have a great phone and a good OS. The only things which missing are good apps and graphics appealing games...not so scrap like the java games
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 PM

deep771043 is on a distinguished road

Signed! I've signed as I saw it! I've been waiting for this long time. Lets hope it will work with Koreans.

I don't believe they haven't a team of Symbian programmers as they produce symbian devices... At least they had to adapt os to their devices.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:01 PM

muciumbe is on a distinguished road
Default Petition

Signed.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM

kriz786 is on a distinguished road

Signed
Old 11-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Anphase is on a distinguished road
Default Going strong!

Its going great so far, thanks for the support guys
Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

LowRider is on a distinguished road

I spread this around in polish forum
The Following User Says Thank You to LowRider For This Useful Post:
Anphase (11-19-2009)
Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM

yade is on a distinguished road

The future of this phone is looking not so bad. It may be the only Symbian Foundation supported device Samsung ever do so they should support it. If you watched any of the stuff from SEE, you will also notice that almost all external developers are using the i8910 to demonstrate their developments. Some of the QT development is looking very promising.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

And don't forget that Samsung untill now abandoned all their symbian children...uhhmm... how many? One, and I repeat one only! It's Innov8 s60v3... That is one very sad story, but I'm sure Innov8 users are not here, nor exist anywhere to leave their testament as they all gave up on their phone and switched to something else. Now i8910 has 99,9% chance to join its older brother destiny seeing this Samsungs huge lack of will and actual effort on giving what was promised and further expand functions as this phone can do much better... and you're doing the petition?
Let me ask you few things then. Who is doing this petition? Who decided what should be written there? Why didn't you include a long list of defects, glitches, missing features that are not there too? Who will take the burden to actually DELIVER this to Samsung and succeed being (at least) listened and understood? Why there are so many petitions lately without any positive resolution? Or you have a true positive result that this kind of motion worked well and gained desired results? Why making simple frustration/anger ventilation breach when you can do so much more if you only wake up and realize what you should and must do?

Do something useful instead of creating false sense of collective motion - write to all those HI-Tech reviewers that gave 10/10 for this phone when they had their 'wonderful' reviews all over the world doing free publicity to one lazy company such as this one named Samsung. Ask them if they are willing to rewrite their crap reviews now when it's more then clear Samsung never delivered the phone that's up to it's expectations and promises. Do write to Samsung itself and demand support and demand it NOW. Do let the others know what Samsung did (more then once) and how they did not delivered the result for your hard earned cash. Do let developers of 3rd party programs know (even if they already know it) about Samsungs bad support behavior and ask if there is a way for them to contact Samsung directly to be more supportive in most immediate future. Be creative at least and do something that can actually make some progress and way out of this situation of playing blind, deaf and dumb with Samsung. All of you unhappy users do this, but each one of you personally and in masses! Do not make crazy bunny packs signing someone else ideas and demand things in vain revolving your frustration out in thin foggy air as Samsung will never listen to you. Do something that matters. And if you can't - then hell - just buy another phone that can do what developer states and promises. I know now that I'll never again buy another Samsung phone in my life! I learned my lesson. I'm waiting some more to see if Samsung wakes up and if they don't I'm switching.

And no, I'm not signing the petition for all of above mentioned reasons. I know how to speak for myself (only) and so should you. And yes, I did contacted Samsung, I posted on their developer board too, I contacted 3rd party developers. I'm trying to knock on right doors.

If anyone find my post offensive then I apologize to you, but this is my way of seeing this current development of 'the situation' we have with Samsung.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Feducci is on a distinguished road

Signed

no. 442
Sponsored Links
Advertisement