recover bootloader - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 AM

frizi is on a distinguished road
Default recover bootloader

ok, I was playing a little with custom cooked roms and now I think my bootloader is gone. Phone is working normally, but when I try to enter bootloader, phone freezes on startup logo and nothing happens. Is there a way to recover bootloader or do I need to go to service and tell them the truth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 PM

SymbiX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizi View Post
ok, I was playing a little with custom cooked roms and now I think my bootloader is gone. Phone is working normally, but when I try to enter bootloader, phone freezes on startup logo and nothing happens. Is there a way to recover bootloader or do I need to go to service and tell them the truth
Are you pressing the right keys ? (volume up and hold key while powering up). Make sure you press the power key until the bootloader blue screen comes up.

Symbian History : 7650, 3650, 6600, P900, X700, 7710, N71, N80, M600, N95, E90, 5800, i8910.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM

fubick is on a distinguished road

I've also noticed that the phone has to be unpluged from any device (pc) if you want bootloader to work

Old 09-16-2009, 07:20 PM

yes, i'm pressing the right buttons, i did it many times before. phone is also unplugged from pc. i wonder if it is possible to remove/destroy bootloader with custom fw?

There are some pins under the battery, maybe with them it's somehow possible to recover the bootloader.

i also another key combinations
green+menu+red
lock+red
lock+vol down+red
but nothing helps
Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM

SymbiX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizi View Post
yes, i'm pressing the right buttons, i did it many times before. phone is also unplugged from pc. i wonder if it is possible to remove/destroy bootloader with custom fw?

There are some pins under the battery, maybe with them it's somehow possible to recover the bootloader.

i also another key combinations
green+menu+red
lock+red
lock+vol down+red
but nothing helps
Ok, take the battery off, put it back on, press and hold volume up and hold keys and then press and hold the red button (power key), the first thing that should pop up is either the bootloader or an image telling you to connect your phone to the pc.

Symbian History : 7650, 3650, 6600, P900, X700, 7710, N71, N80, M600, N95, E90, 5800, i8910.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM

I said I know how to enter bootloader, but it's not working anymore on my phone. it freezes on samsung logo if I press the vol up + lock + red. I left it so about 30 minutes and nothing happend, logo was still there.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM

Sk3wby is on a distinguished road

I have same problem frizi. I cooked the recently release II1 firmware and flashed to phone. All went well until later when i read this thread. Unfortunately after cooking, uboot folder and dummy file are created, therefore Symbian ROM Flashing Tool does not display any error and allows flashing as normal. This has wiped the existing bootloader on my phone & replaced it with nothing!

Trying to be positive, so, C: now has 51MB free, new italian firmware seems fairly stable and now that i CAN'T flash my phone with new software every other day I might actually use it as designed...

I have thought that it MAY be possible to restore bootloader though PC Suite updater when a new version is released but i doubt it and it may even do more damage (if flashing starts then fails - no bootloader as failsafe). Anyway i can't try PC Suite.

I think realisticly the phone will eventually need to be sent to a service centre to be fixed. My phone was bought from EBay (Orange UK originally) so i've no hope getting it sorted under warranty. Have emailed Samsung UK to see what they suggest...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 AM

hi Sk3wby, I did minimal cook on latest italian fw, I'm glad with it, but unfotunately I cannot uninstall any application I always get "removing failed" message. Really don't understand why, because I've modified only 3 or 4 config files (camera compression, cachce size and 3d home applications). If I don't have this problem, I wouldn't care that I don't have any bootloader and cannot update fw. So I have to manually delete certain files to be able to uninstall/upgrade any application now...

the only possibility to restore the bootloader are the pins under the battery, but this requires tools and knowledge I don't have service center is the only way i think. as i get the n900, i'll send this one to service..

btw, when I connect the phone to pc and try to update it via pc suite, it says it does not support the connected model probably some phone/fw info file was changed too with cooker. any idea which file it is?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:34 AM

Sk3wby is on a distinguished road

I only removed default sound and images from firmware but yes i cannot uninstall apps either. I hoped it may be possible to restore the bootloader from the modem download state (turn on while holding vol down & hold) i have found a program called BitPim that seems to be able to communicate in this mode but unfortunately it doesn't support this phone.

Regarding PC Studio, it reports that mine is "currently up to date - thanks for trying" or similar. It is very fussy, i would often get the same error as you or "connection has been updated", though this was the same before flashing.

Waiting for reply from Samsung, hoping it's not going to be too costly...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:44 AM

I've found the modem download combination too, and with lock+red you get something similar, but it's impossible to read the text. maybe it's bootloader restore mode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement