READ THIS if you are NEW to the forum!! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 AM

2mnyshp is on a distinguished road
Exclamation READ THIS if you are NEW to the forum!!

Hi there

If you're new to the forum please take your time to read this:

To avoid unnessecary spamming of this section please STOP opening threads for questions like:

- When will the new firmware come out?
- What does it do?
- Where can i download the new firmware

The people on this board DON'T know when the next firmware is gonna come out since Samsung untransparent aabout this. We are not visionaries!

If you don't know where to download the new firmware DON'T start a new thread! Open your eyes since there is a sticky thread with all the firmwares! If you still can't find it USE the forum search engine. Opening a thread with a "Where can i download the new firmware"-Question is just ingorant and above all lazy.

With these questions you are spamming this forum and prevent people with real questions and problems from a good forum experience.

Please halep us to make this forum a good experience for everyone

Peace, 2mnyshp
I have a done several Symbian projects and have a thorough knowledge and low-level understanding of Symbian. And I just hate it. It's a very bad and uninspiring OS even from a programmers point of view.

HyperX is my God!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2mnyshp For This Useful Post:
Devjam (09-05-2009), GSMGuy (08-17-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 11:22 AM

GIR is on a distinguished road

So when is the new firmware expected anyway?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
neil.hy

I was looking to see when 2mnyshp's status turned to 'Moderator', and even used the search function to query 'when did 2mnyshp become a moderator?', but it returned no results!!

Give them a break mate. The Forum has grown massively over the past few weeks. Not everyone is 'Internet/Forum savy' and so you can expect to find duplicate posts or duplicate questions. Either don't read them or spend 10 seconds posting a link to answer their query.

It's not using your bandwidth, or your server space and, if you chose not to read them, it doesn't even use your time.

The older forum members should help the new joiners and not post an answer along the lines of, "Why don't you open your eyes and use the f*cking search function?". Hardly a warm welcome is it?

Just ignore and let other member, who are willing to spare that 10 seconds, post a link or an answer and then we can all share, "a good forum experience".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
b2bruce (09-24-2009), paulinoz (02-19-2010)

Old 08-16-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.hy View Post
Give them a break mate. The Forum has grown massively over the past few weeks. Not everyone is 'Internet/Forum savy' and so you can expect to find duplicate posts or duplicate questions. Either don't read them or spend 10 seconds posting a link to answer their query.
Funny thing.

Look at this:
Japanese I8910TGYIG3 firmware download

Then this

And this and the 15 or so posts following it

And then the the very next day we get this:

Thing is I can understand his frustration as it gets really annoying to see posts popup everyday about where they can get the latest firmware when the link is a sticky at the top of the forum. People should try to help themselves before they expect help from others.

Quote:
The older forum members should help the new joiners and not post an answer along the lines of, "Why don't you open your eyes and use the f*cking search function?". Hardly a warm welcome is it?
I do agree with you on that. Sometimes you have such a specific problem or you have a problem but you don't know what's causing it thus you don't know what to search for.

Like this poor chap.
Can't reboot after flashing the phone

There's a thin line we have to walk on this board everyday.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM

i didnt say asking question is not allowed. what i said is that these 3 questions are like turds in a clogged toilet - unnessecary.
I have a done several Symbian projects and have a thorough knowledge and low-level understanding of Symbian. And I just hate it. It's a very bad and uninspiring OS even from a programmers point of view.

HyperX is my God!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
neil.hy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIR View Post
I do agree with you on that. Sometimes you have such a specific problem or you have a problem but you don't know what's causing it thus you don't know what to search for.

Like this poor chap.
Can't reboot after flashing the phone

There's a thin line we have to walk on this board everyday.
Exactly. I've been using Forums for cars, phones, gadgets et al for years and, as good as the Forum is, the 'Search' facility on most it ****e. Unless you enter something specific you've no chance of finding a match. Enter the wrong spelling, another word and it has an eppy attack.

And remember that not all member use English as their mother tongue and so we shouldn't expect them to navigate or query search as well as us that do!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.hy View Post
Exactly. I've been using Forums for cars, phones, gadgets et al for years and, as good as the Forum is, the 'Search' facility on most it ****e. Unless you enter something specific you've no chance of finding a match. Enter the wrong spelling, another word and it has an eppy attack.

And remember that not all member use English as their mother tongue and so we shouldn't expect them to navigate or query search as well as us that do!
that wasnt the point of this thread. its obvious that sometimes the search needs to no good results. but this thread is about the firmware questions.

HyperX is my God!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP - Former Mod

cinek is on a distinguished road

search is good when you know how to use it.... when people search they put in the whole sentence, and the results are.... yes, rubbish..... you need to put keywords this is not google......i've been here for quite some time, and I know when the same issue comes up again and again, and since I don't have all day to go through 2,154 topics I use the search function and yes it works for me 95% of the time
Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinek View Post
search is good when you know how to use it.... when people search they put in the whole sentence, and the results are.... yes, rubbish..... you need to put keywords this is not google......i've been here for quite some time, and I know when the same issue comes up again and again, and since I don't have all day to go through 2,154 topics I use the search function and yes it works for me 95% of the time
Look like I said there is a thin line which we have to walk. The search is good and keywords are okay, but you still have to know what you have to enter as a keyword. If you have no idea what to use or what your exact problem is then the search function is useless.

Just look at the link I gace above perfect example. Thin line people, be scared of it!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
VIP - Former Mod

cinek is on a distinguished road

I know, sometimes it's very hard to name the problem (happened to me few times)...... but we now have another post about debranding - which was covered 1000 times before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement