Original Firmware here.. - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Firmware Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 PM

AlexOC is on a distinguished road
Default Original Firmware here..

Hey guys.

So i got my i8910 pretty quick after they came out, i had been on this site every day before i got it, believing i was going to be updating it everyday with the new firmware and such, and once i got it, i stopped visiting this site and just used my phone.

I have never updated the firmware or modified my phone in anyway.

Tomorrow i am going to a concert, and i want to take some videos, now of course the sound recording on videos on the originial firmware is awful. And because i haven't followed any firmware developement since i got my phone, i have no idea where to start.

Can somebody please tell me which firmware i should install which will improve the sound recording (and maybe them pesky white dots on the recording, did they ever get fixed?) and how to install firmware because i have no clue. If anybody good help me before about 6pm tomorrow that would be great!

I have the UK Orange i8910.

Alex.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 PM

happylight is on a distinguished road
Post an advice

dont flash with any fw, keep it what u have, coz that is best. specially camera quality.
but if u wanna compromise go through polls, n decide urself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 PM

Oldhippie is on a distinguished road

I'll have to agree the original FW probably sucks but the unofficial versions too have unpleasant bugs or at least the one I flashed to

Last edited by Oldhippie; 10-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:59 PM

Urbanite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by happylight View Post
dont flash with any fw, keep it what u have, coz that is best. specially camera quality.
but if u wanna compromise go through polls, n decide urself.
Wrong.

custom firmwares have increased camera values (set to 100, original setting is A LOT lower) and most of them have either the vivaz codec or others which are (imo) giving better quality pics. also gives us fixed 24fps hd recording

so, if your are going to a concert, i would seriously recommend using a cfw otherwise you wont be able to use the recordings you spent all that time making

Love for life...not a gadget

Last edited by Urbanite; 11-03-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Docster is on a distinguished road

All FWs have their problems. But as is often the case orange branded firmware seriously handicaps the phone.
Samsung often broke things as they fixed things so their fw isnt much good either.
I like n2o4 atm but if your looking for good audio get over to hyperx website and install the latest. With his patcher u can adjust the microphone sensitivity which is a bonus at a concert. All details for installing are on his site

LINK:
hyperx-i8910.com

Last edited by Docster; 10-29-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Revomikey101 is on a distinguished road

Dude, the orange fw was the worst ever, definately go for a custom, i can highly recommend faenil n204 and HX FW.

Get rid of that orange crap and put something decent on there, you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner!! you will really see ther phone spring to life, orange totally crippled the i8910.

Last edited by Revomikey101; 11-02-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 AM

Rune is on a distinguished road

The UK Orange firmware is totally shocking man how have you coped this long. The Browser stop bug done it for me. You will absolutely love your i8910 after flashing it'll be something you'll definitely regret not doing sooner. It's like a whole new phone experience thanks to guys like Andy and Faenil who have provided some truly awesome firmwares. These guys and the ones at their sides deserve great respect. You'll see soon enough why
The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Useful Post:
amazeguy (05-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement