All you ever looked for as it comes to S60V5 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM

wizardwiz is on a distinguished road
Default All you ever looked for as it comes to S60V5

Hi Guys

I've been doing a huge research in the past few weeks trying to gather all the information I can lay my hands on regarding the Symbian S60V5.
I can't say it was a great pleasure nor easy task but I have managed to map about 66% of the configuration files and directories of the Symbian S60V5.

I have created a new site to hold all this mammoth amount of data and naturally this site is still a beta site so I guess there will be some bugs in it.
Never the less, I would appreciate if you could take the time to look around and let me know what's your opinion, what bugs/errors did you spotted and what additional data would you like to see in it.

Symbian S60V5 internals - Main

EDIT: I added a backup site name in case the first one doesn't work from any reason.
Symbian S60V5 internals - Backup

EDIT1: Hi Guys. Added a new section to my site. It called "Symbian University" The first article I posted under that new section is a full explanation about SIS files.

EDIT2: Hi all. I have added a few articles and guides to my site. A new guide about "how we add languages" and another one about Symbian^3. Enjoy it.
Adding languages
Symbian^3-The next generation

EDIT3: Added a new guide that can allow modders to localize every RSC file even if we don't have it in the SDK.
Localizing RSC files

EDIT4 Hi guys. Added a new section to my site dealing with ROM Building. feel free to visit it and give your impression. ROM Building

Thanks

Wizard

Last edited by wizardwiz; 05-06-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wizardwiz For This Useful Post:
DSA (04-30-2010), Fevves (04-06-2010), hamid gol (04-05-2010), moondy (04-25-2010), mwarner (04-05-2010), n95star (04-05-2010), Persian0123 (01-12-2011), Psykitt (04-05-2010), putingtaho (04-07-2010), re-2007 (04-05-2010), soraxd (04-06-2010), vt04 (04-19-2010), zahc (05-19-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 11:38 PM

nosidefcp is on a distinguished road

nice. maybe your work will help cookers and programers to port other OS to our phone
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Honorable Modder!

liamstears is on a distinguished road

This is very helpful/usefull thanks and keep up the good work!

Was just wondering have you found a way to change the default time zone and time format after hard reset/firmware flash???

Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM

mwarner is on a distinguished road

This looks to be a really useful resource. I have only just taken a look at it, but I am sure it will be very handy for any custom roms I may make in the future. Great work!

If I were to make one suggestion it would be to turn the site into a Wiki, as it does seem to be a LOT of work for one person! At least the more advanced members of the community here could register and add information when they find it / have the time.

Last edited by mwarner; 04-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi guys

Thanks for the kind words.
And yes. I do think it should be some kind of a WiKi thing that we all can keep building.
I keep looking for some more data and I'll add it as soon as I'll have it.
If any of you people would like to join the effort just let me know and I'll add you to the site moderators list.

Thanks

Wizard
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM
I make useful posts

soraxd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to soraxd Send a message via MSN to soraxd

wow really nice work
Old 04-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Honorable Modder!

Sites down :O Please get it back up wizard its excellent and very helpful!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:34 PM

Liam, I just checked it out. Site is up and running. Unless someone nuked Google or something like that
And besides, I never take the site down and most of my changes are made at my night time (GMT+3 DST) and these changes are taking place while the site is still up and running.
If from some reason you can't access it just Email me, or PM me and I'll check it out.

Thanks

Wizard
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Honorable Modder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardwiz View Post
Liam, I just checked it out. Site is up and running. Unless someone nuked Google or something like that
And besides, I never take the site down and most of my changes are made at my night time (GMT+3 DST) and these changes are taking place while the site is still up and running.
If from some reason you can't access it just Email me, or PM me and I'll check it out.

Thanks

Wizard
hmmm seems to be working now, dont know if that was my problem or yours but still it works now so im happy lol. Good luck with the site tis great!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Stickied!

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
symbian s69v5