Custom Firmware Tutorials - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 04:37 PM

criseb22 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Change the camera compression quality

Thanks goes to Sev7en for finding this first!

The file is in the rofs1.img under private\10202BE9\10282EDC.txt.

When you open the file you will see the default compression quality for the different image settings. You can change the quality to what you think is best. Sev7en's tests resulted that these settings were best for him.
* CompressionQuality=85 ---> CompressionQuality=95
* CompressionQuality=75 ---> CompressionQuality=85
* CompressionQuality=50 ---> CompressionQuality=70
Is posible to entry in phone :/C or :/Z with explore and modify that value in haxazecimale or something like that ,for increase quality of picture ? Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by criseb22; 11-23-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Burs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Burs

Quote:
Originally Posted by criseb22 View Post
Is posible to entry in phone :/C or :/Z with explore and modify that value in haxazecimale or something like that ,for increase quality of picture ? Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I understood you correctly, then yes, it's possible to change picture quality. That's what I want to achieve too (but without cooked roms or applying complicated patches). You only have to copy Z:\Private\10202be9\10282EDC.txt file into C:\Private\10202be9, edit the file (CompressionQuality and EstimatedSize settings for all pictures profiles) and restart the phone.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 PM

criseb22 is on a distinguished road
Smile hy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burs View Post
If I understood you correctly, then yes, it's possible to change picture quality. That's what I want to achieve too (but without cooked roms or applying complicated patches). You only have to copy Z:\Private\10202be9\10282EDC.txt file into C:\Private\10202be9, edit the file (CompressionQuality and EstimatedSize settings for all pictures profiles) and restart the phone.
Thank you ,i will see what happening ,because i don"t know the corect value for estimated size(when increase size of picture in mb ,not in pixel = increase quality corect?) ....for compresion quality i put value 95-85-70.Thank you again and scuze my bad english.Respect.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criseb22 View Post
Thank you ,i will see what happening ,because i don"t know the corect value for estimated size(when increase size of picture in mb ,not in pixel = increase quality corect?) ....for compresion quality i put value 95-85-70.Thank you again and scuze my bad english.Respect.
Read my post before the last one. I explained what I found regarding the EstimatedSize setting. It's not very important value, everything work even without changing it. But you never know, maybe there are some negative effects on it, but till now I didn't see them.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM

crusoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You only have to copy Z:\Private\10202be9\10282EDC.txt file into C:\Private\10202be9, edit the file (CompressionQuality and EstimatedSize settings for all pictures profiles) and restart the phone.
How do we know that the file on c: overrides the file on z: ?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusoe View Post
How do we know that the file on c: overrides the file on z: ?
I know because it works. And this is not the only hack that works that way. I also edited other .txt files for moving web cache from c: to e: disk, changing startup/shutdown screen/mp3, changing homescreen shortcut (when you swing your fingers to the left, there's no stupid photobrowser anymore). Don't ask me how it works, it just works. And best of all, no need of cooking roms and complicated patching is needed. However, your phone must be hacked with HelloX 1.03 or higher (no need for full hacked phone).
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 PM

ferrari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One more thing, is it normal that no profile is defined for 8Mpix pictures? All I see is up to 5Mpix? If I change all profiles, will that somehow apply to 8Mpix pictures too?
I'm very interested in that too.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari View Post
I'm very interested in that too.
I would say settings for 8Mpix camera is applied the same way the video settings apply to 720p video, that is, if you're changing video settings like bitrate and framerate, they don't have effect. I guess the "real" settings are read from somewhere else and then applied to camera/camcorder. That's why modders still don't have a solution for that. But I hope when (if) the firmware will be fully decodeable and decrypted, we would know how to handle that too. Fingers crossed...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:00 PM

ferrari is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
You only have to copy Z:\Private\10202be9\10282EDC.txt file into C:\Private\10202be9, edit the file (CompressionQuality and EstimatedSize settings for all pictures profiles) and restart the phone.
I did it exactly like this, but unfortunately I can see no changes. And when I look again on Z:\, there is still the original file, not the edited one. Some advise please?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari View Post
I did it exactly like this, but unfortunately I can see no changes. And when I look again on Z:\, there is still the original file, not the edited one. Some advise please?
First, files on the Z: drive cannot change, because they are stored in ROM (read only memory). That's why we have to copy the file to C: drive in order to be able to edit them. How (and why) Symbian OS first looks for the file on C: drive and then on Z:, I don't know, but it's the way it is.

To what value did you change the compression quality? Try to change to 50 or even below to be exactly sure that it doesn't work. That way the picture quality will degrade very much, so you'll see the results for sure. If you see nothing has been changed, then I really don't know the reason for it. Maybe it's firmware related? I'm on original Italian II1 firmare. Also look into your C:\Private\10202be9\persists folder, if you have 10282EDC.cre, then rename it to something else. I don't have it so I couldn't rename anything, but it's the "correct" procedure with all TXT hacks in this folder. If you don't rename it, then the settings will be read from .cre and not .txt files.

Hope it helps a bit. Post your results here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement