[Utility] Rom cooker... - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Codeneos is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I'll look into it. Hopefully I'll be able to update the utility later today. The update will included the ability to extract the rom.img file containing the core firmware files.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
LifeTime VIP - Former Mod

djsaad1 is on a distinguished road

Wow are you serious? You now have the ability to extract and rebuild the rom.img file? You are genius!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:49 PM

SymbiX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeneos View Post
Hmm, I'll look into it. Hopefully I'll be able to update the utility later today. The update will included the ability to extract the rom.img file containing the core firmware files.
Thank you for taking the time anyway, good luck and we really appreciate your hard work :-)

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM

Currently I can read and decode the full ROM image header and extract all the file names and directory structure. I can already extract files like EKERN.EXE but the other files are compressed, so the last step will be to get those decompressed and we'r done.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:38 AM

Are you seeing files in the rom, that we can't see on our phones right now? From hex editing the rom and different files, it seems like there are more hidden files or even hidden drives that we can't see, even with the full hack installed.

Do you believe that is right, or am I just crazy?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 AM

MrC is on a distinguished road

This cooked ROM stuff is getting incredibly interesting, and with an utility for packing and unpacking it's really getting underway :-) Great work!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 AM

omniabug is on a distinguished road

a romdmp (ROMDMP.sisx) shows all the files in the rom as well as the sys/bin directory. Now the challenging part is to decrypt them, hex edit them and repack them.

2 of them are of interest to me,
FMRadioTest.exe (fm transmitter)
Voice Recorder.exe (call recording)
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeneos View Post
Currently I can read and decode the full ROM image header and extract all the file names and directory structure. I can already extract files like EKERN.EXE but the other files are compressed, so the last step will be to get those decompressed and we'r done.
No I have not seen any hidden files that we do not see on our phones when we use a file browser. ROFS1 and the rom are joined to form the Z drive, therefor if you want to overwrite a file you can just add it to the ROFS1 image.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:06 PM

I think the best part would be if we could take files from the rofs and put them on the rom, that way we can patch them through rompatcher instead of having to rebuild a rof each time.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 AM

The utility has been update. It can now read ROM files and extract them, once I get a hang of the symbian ROMBUILD utility we might even be able to build our own ROMs and bootloaders (yes the utlity can now also extract the bootloader image!).

Report any bugs with the new version in this thread .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Codeneos For This Useful Post:
cavlovic (09-13-2009), djsaad1 (09-13-2009), gnusmas8910HD (09-13-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
firmware, rofsromutility, symbian, utility