Guide to unpacking some of the firmware files - Page 6 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 AM

eboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en View Post
Nice job my friend but there's another one to handle: it's the I8910XXIG2_XXX.rom image file.
I can get the content by using Zripper but when done I haven't a tool for repacking it: the only way to have some change is to apply the mods via winhex (or other hex editor).
Did you have a solution for this?

Cheers,
Have you been able to find a way to repack the ROM?
________
WWW.VAPORIZER.NET

Last edited by eboy; 09-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 AM

jonnybruha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboy View Post
You can solve the problem by putting the whole filename and path in double quotes, i.e. the lie should read data="..." "\..."
Awesome, this was the only issue I was having after experimenting with this last night.

I have now successfully rebuilt Italian IG2 to include only the ringtones I use regularly and deleted all the ones that came preinstalled. Thanks to a good friend, I also have some custom Private folders that allow the phone to work with Nokia's Communication Center in PC Suite.

Once I make some more significant changes, I'll post it here, if anyone's interested.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
LifeTime VIP - Former Mod

djsaad1 is on a distinguished road

Will those private folders also let the phone connect to the ovi suite?

Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 PM

sockenbuegler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybruha View Post
Awesome, this was the only issue I was having after experimenting with this last night.

I have now successfully rebuilt Italian IG2 to include only the ringtones I use regularly and deleted all the ones that came preinstalled. Thanks to a good friend, I also have some custom Private folders that allow the phone to work with Nokia's Communication Center in PC Suite.

Once I make some more significant changes, I'll post it here, if anyone's interested.
Amazing! There will be a good future for cooked roms, I think
Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 AM

jackOO7 is on a distinguished road

which tools is for repack rom image file? Im trying localized czech, slovak and slovenian pack and some file must by changed there. Some bugs into menu.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:41 PM

apacheking is on a distinguished road

hoe to unpackethe exe firmware file
Old 12-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Vyp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheking View Post
hoe to unpackethe exe firmware file
Don't think that's possible.

I asked HyperX if he could post his ROM in rofs images because i would like to modify some things, this is what he answered:

"You can easily create your own firmware by creating a z:\ dump from my firmware. I have shown it with the turkish firmware !"

So if anyone can help me - how to get a z:\ dump off my phone?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Vyp is on a distinguished road

I've just made a copy of the Z:\ drive on my E:\ drive and i have that copy on my computer now.

I don't understand the relation of this and the rofs files.
How can i turn the Z drive into rofs?
Or is this a completely wrong process of doing it. :/

Can someone please help me out, I just want to remove a few apps from the FW.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM

wizardwiz is on a distinguished road

Ok
I gave it a shot and it's easy as it seems.
I managed to make a Z drive DUMP out of HX V3_17 but now I have it all together.
As far as I know All rofs files are exctracted to be Z drive therefore, as far as I know, We need to create the same directory structure as in each rofs file and copy the direcotries/files from HyperX's ROM Z drive dump into that directory structure we've created.
I guess we will have a bunch of duplicated files in the rofs files but beside the size of the CFW it doesn't matter since as I know it will leave only one copy of each file.

Wizard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement