Guide to unpacking some of the firmware files - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 01:28 AM
LifeTime VIP - Former Mod

djsaad1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertejac View Post
Line 3304 ignored
The name of the image file has not been supplied.
Use the keyword "rofsname".
The size of the image has not been supplied.
Use the keyword "rofssize".

what i`m doing wrong...
You must have deleted the name and the size out of the obey file. Look at the obey file linked in the first post again and make sure you have a name and size at the top of yours too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 02:49 AM
The good shepherd

Jesus is on a distinguished road

Djsaad1, have you tried flashing the i8910 with a modified Installserver.exe, just to make sure that your theory is correct?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:20 AM

yeah i have, and so far all it did was give me an installation corrupt error with everything I installed. Signed or not.

Which makes me think it was because the modified installserver just doesn't work with our phones.

Again I am not positive about that, I have been traveling too much lately so I can't flash my phone right now to keep trying.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 AM
The good shepherd

Well, if you were getting corruption errors it surely means that your theory is now a theorem? All we need now is a modified Installserver and then we can install apps without all this signing rubbish.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 AM

Quist is on a distinguished road

I'm testing things with the language files (results pending), but discovered that the easiest way to build the ROFS.obey file is to use the unrofs log. It only lists files that are actually unpacked. This is good is you're only making minor modifications.

Open the log file created with Word, search-and-replace the " ] - " with a tab, save (click yes on the warning to keep it as a ANSI text file). The open with Notepad, select all, copy, open Excel, paste. Everything in column 2 is what you want. Copy that column into a txt file, open it with Word, search-and-replace "^p/" with "^pdata=", save (again keeping it as text). Open in Notepad, select all, copy. Go back to the Excel file and paste it in column 1 (replacing the stuff that was there). Mark columns 1 and 2, copy, open Notepad, paste. Now enter the two top lines with the rofsname and rofssize.

I've only replaced files so far, but be sure to change names or enter the lines of the files you add.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quist For This Useful Post:
djsaad1 (08-18-2009), efbill (09-08-2009), Jesus (08-18-2009)
Old 08-18-2009, 04:24 AM

Ok, so first I tried replacing the files named German with the ones from the Swedish ROM. I succeeded in flashing the phone, but the xt9 wouldn't work in Swedish nor did the larger Swedish qwerty. Then I just added the files named Swedish to rofs2 and the same behaviour there.

Then I noticed a load of resource files labelled with the language numbers 1-9 so I brute forced it and copied the whole rofs2 from the old Swedish rom and repackaged it as the Italian. Successfully flashed and got xt9 working in Swedish and the Swedish qwerty. System in general was very buggy.

This is where it got interesting. I tested the sound fix in HD video recording and IT WASN'T THERE. This is on the Italian IG2 posted here, modded to replace the rofs2 image.

That must mean that the sound settings for HD are located somewhere in that area of the ROM.

...Hhhrrmm, no sound fix, buggy ROM install, returning to the current Nordic stock to try again another day. At least I proved I could get xt9 and the qwerty/phonepad to work in another language.

Edit: I went through and replaced everything Spanish I could find on the posted IG2 with the Swedish files (r04 with r06 etc) and managed to get the Swedish qwerty working as well as the system language into Swedish and the system was a little more stable. Alas, Swedish xt9 still refused to work and I still had AMR sound on 720p recording, uurrgghh. Back to the drawing board...

Last edited by Quist; 08-18-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 AM

can people start posting their obey files here? That way we will have different obey files for different firmwares.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 PM

Dringo is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have found a method to simplify the firmware modification process described in first post.
Using downloadable program "wList" you can create list of files without empty folders. It can make whole process easier, beacause you don't have to remove them manually.

Then in Excell you have to copy the list of files to one column . I show you an example on my files.

F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\DevIcon.fil
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\DevLogo.fil
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\feeds_view_template.html
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\gadget.swf
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\testfile.ivt

Replace string F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\ with "data="

It will look like this:

data=DevIcon.fil
data=DevLogo.fil
data=feeds_view_template.html
data=gadget.swf
data=testfile.ivt

Then copy the same list to second column:

F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\DevIcon.fil
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\DevLogo.fil
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\feeds_view_template.html
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\gadget.swf
F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img\testfile.ivt

and replace string "F:\rofs-I8910XXIG2_XXX.rofs1.img"( without "\" in the end) with simple loop " ".

Your list in second column will look loke this

\DevIcon.fil
\DevLogo.fil
\feeds_view_template.html
\gadget.swf
\testfile.ivt

Now you have 2 columns prepared ,so you can save the file as .txt

By the way after saving the file you have to put this two strings in the beginning of it,
in my case:

rofsname=i8910dxig2_xdx.rofs1.img
rofssize=0x40000000

After this you know the procedure .
I hope it would help a little bit.And now let's ready to mod
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dringo For This Useful Post:
Andersson (08-22-2009), djsaad1 (08-18-2009), gpap2004 (08-25-2009), Persian0123 (12-14-2010), thrilos7 (08-18-2009)
Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 PM

While rummaging about for XT9 files, I found the rules folder at Z:\Private\10282BC4\Rules. Might be some fun to play with some of these. In the ROM they're in the rofs1 image.

They affect the autorotation, alarm snooze, call connect, screen, speakerphone, silence and tactile.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 PM
The good shepherd

Yeah, I've seen them before too. Looks far too complex for me though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement