n205 is now released! - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 04:55 PM

publisher is on a distinguished road

I'm having to reflash again. Considering going back to n204 or hx11. My phone wont even start now. It shows the samsung i8910, flashes black, samsung i8910, flashes black and so on and so on. If I let it do this long enough it will make it to the n205 splash screen (very pretty) but freezes on that. This is the same thing it was doing WITH a memory card inserted before, but now without a memory card.
I did get Ovi Store working last night but shortly after the phone froze, had to remove the battery and now it wont start up. Ugh....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM

publisher is on a distinguished road

Faenil just did an update and the problem listed above is coming from StartBackup. There are instructions on his site to fix this if you can boot your phone.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

official screen presenting i8910tuning QT app.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 PM
@bstract Journeyman

i8910tuning boot screen

i8910 message screen

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:59 PM
@bstract Journeyman

What you can do with this fine app is equal to this image, if you get my drift...

Old 07-17-2011, 03:26 PM

PureXTC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by publisher View Post
I'm having to reflash again. Considering going back to n204 or hx11. My phone wont even start now. It shows the samsung i8910, flashes black, samsung i8910, flashes black and so on and so on. If I let it do this long enough it will make it to the n205 splash screen (very pretty) but freezes on that. This is the same thing it was doing WITH a memory card inserted before, but now without a memory card.
I did get Ovi Store working last night but shortly after the phone froze, had to remove the battery and now it wont start up. Ugh....
I finally flashed and it and everything was working perfectly until I took out my memory card. After I placed it back in I noticed that my wallpaper disappeared so I tried a reboot. Then the same thing happen as publisher said above so I'm reflashing it again. I used it for about a day and it was very smooth, no problems what so ever.

EDIT: the infinite loop issue might be due to the backup app. Check here:

faenil's pit Some info about 8 fake bugs (fake = you think them to be n2o5 bugs, but they’re not )

BTW if you are installing Google Maps, don't install the latest one as you cannot see "your location" I had to install an earlier version (3.2.1), if anyone needs you can get it here:

Download GoogleMaps.sisx for free on Filesonic.com

Last edited by PureXTC; 07-18-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM

kratos is on a distinguished road

I am currently on HX-V11. I was wondering if its worth to flash N2O5 since I will need to setup my phone again and I Dont see much improvement in changelog.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 AM

AstronomyGuy85 is on a distinguished road

I've been using this for a few days now, and I also agree that this is the best custom rom I have flashed since owning the i8910. This is the first rom I've flashed that has seriously made me want to donate, which I will certainly be doing soon. It has only locked up on me once. The i8910 tuning app is awesome. The Ovi Store works great. Fring video partly works, I can see incoming video, and can see myself on the screen but my video is not sent. I like the colors and the theme, it is actually the same theme I have been using on other roms so I was very pleased to see it as the default. The camera starts very fast. The only app I have tried that didn't work was NFS Shift which was free from the Ovi Store. It installs fine and loads ok, but when you start a race it just freezes. Also, in the torch app, the light doesn't turn off when you select off, you have to close the app. Minor things in the long run. But again, works very well. So far almost everything I have wanted to do just works. All the communities I set up work great. I can upload pictures and video to picasa, flickr, youtube and facebook no problem. Ovi Maps 3.04.278 works fine. Push email through roadsync is great. All things I had problems with in the past that required no effort to work on this rom. I will be keeping this one for a while.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 AM

AstronomyGuy85 is on a distinguished road

Also, I just downloaded skype from the mobile website and IMs work, but calls do not, and video is not yet supported on symbian handsets. Not sure if there is a work around for that, but it has certainly worked better on this rom than it has on any others i have tried.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:37 PM

Miika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomyGuy85 View Post
Ovi Maps 3.04.278 works fine.
Does the synchronization of favourites work too? I'm asking because I get error when trying to sync. Otherwise this firmware seems to work great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement