DISCONTINUED - CODEC Dark Edition v3.2 - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Dark Modder

DSA is on a distinguished road

sorry to multi post but my website seems to be working fine with opera again now...

first post updated

www.darksideagent.com/darksidegalaxys2forums

Phone: SGSII
Rom: XWLP9 CodecROM 5.7 by DSANo longer active on forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Briggs is on a distinguished road

Nice work! looks very slick indeed.

My current i8910 Firmware: HyperX's Speed Rom v3
PSP Hacks | PS3 Hacks | Galaxy S Forum
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Sound Tech

adamvnz is on a distinguished road

Wow! looks great! Hope I can flash faster than it took to read the change log.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Dark Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
Nice work! looks very slick indeed.
thanks a lot briggs!! (wow, the site owner commented on my thread, i feel priveliged!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamvnz View Post
Wow! looks great! Hope I can flash faster than it took to read the change log.
lol, as theres only one file to load, its quicker than most!!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Pycon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Hey man, we're waiting for a great EURO-ZONE language pack

Can u tell us when there will be available ? So, all rom lovers with all
other languages ( IT / GER / FRA / SPA / etc ) will have the possibility
to check out this great rom...

I hope soon but, up to now, great work !

PS my English is not the best I now...
Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Dark Modder

i will be as quick as i can, i have to compile the files first

updated version added - replaced oratsu with nokia icons in omnia order and added tornado with nokia icons

If you switch straight to these screens from the samsung widget screen, you will probably get a white band across the top of the screen...either disable the 'nooperatorforlivehs' patch and reload the hs, or when on samsung widget screen - change to basic first then either orange screen and you wont have to disable the patch

Last edited by DSA; 01-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Sound Tech

adamvnz is on a distinguished road

Flashed and are now testing!
So far very nice and smooth.
Great work DSA

only thing that didnt work for me so far was the messaging defaulted back to c:/ when I first opened, and I had the mem card in.
Will post more after further testing.

Warning to others! After flash and phone has re-booted just wait (maybe 60seconds? Didn't time it) the phone has more installing to do. (caught me out )
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Dark Modder

Quote:
Flashed and are now testing!
So far very nice and smooth.
Great work DSA

only thing that didnt work for me so far was the messaging defaulted back to c:/ when I first opened, and I had the mem card in.
Will post more after further testing.
I have noticed that too, so i rechecked and the setting is pointing towards defaulting to memory card...(its in z:/private/10202be9/101f87eb.txt - line 0x3 - 2 is for phone memory, 4 is for memory card)

i will have to look into that (although it can still be changed manually) Thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Warning to others! After flash and phone has re-booted just wait (maybe 60seconds? Didn't time it) the phone has more installing to do. (caught me out )
i do state at the top of the first post to read the tutorials page which says to wait...!

"When flash has completed and homescreen has loaded, wait for pnht's silent auto installer to install oratsu homescreen and latest qt (after the 'installation complete' message comes up for both items, wait for the qt installer to finish before performing any actions)
qt will ask for an internet connection twice before finalising installation - i cant stop this popping up, so just cancel it when it appears"

Last edited by DSA; 01-04-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM

pitchshifter is on a distinguished road
Default Good job.

Really liking it too so far, in particular the grouped organisation, simplicity and speed.

I'm not sure if the increased voice recorder quality had been done on other roms either - I use my phone to record our loud band practices, but have always had to use video recording to get the sound quality high enough, then extract the mp3 later, a total pain. Your fix combined with hxpatcher's ability to decrease microphone sensitivity (definitely the first fw I've been able to control both at once) means I can now hopefully just use the audio recorder, great.

So overall we have a rom thats' definitely not overcooked (besides startup/shutdown/ringtone sounds which I can remove The focus is on function - ideal. Just a few of tiny requests/questions though to make this perfect IMO....

1. How can I change the default font back to the standard one? It looks cool but isn't the most compatible, in particular when you use the default browser it still uses this font, which is not really designed for that sort of thing and makes web pages with small font, ie Facebook, look quite bad and harder to read than the default at the same zoom...

2. Can you release some kind of enabler, as HX did, for those people who do still want 3d task switching? (Hey, it's like the coolest thing I can show off on my phone!) I tried enabling it through HX Patcher, but it just changes back to 'off' once you quit. HX's 3DTaskAutoStart and IWantTask3D apps also have no effect, although I didn't expect them to work on this firmware.

3. Any way to change the various shortcuts on the modified Samsung widget theme? Love the mod, sliding out the icons looks far more professional, but unfortunately I don't use half of those shortcuts so it may not be useable to a lot of people without some ability to customise (for example, I would never use RealPlayer over VideoPlayer because it doesn't support subtitles, so I wouldn't use that shortcut etc...)

4. Finally, a couple of bugs that are similarly present on HyperX's firmware, so I don't know if they're fixable anyway - settings often takes a couple of presses before it loads, and iMelo crashes on startup. And something I've often thought about for how 3rd party themes interact with the phone - is there any way to change what the default web and music players are?

These are small issues however, and thanks very much again for your work. I'm using this FW over HX's for the time being just because of the audio stuff, but if you had any answers to these problems of mine this could easily be my perfect FW, after a year of trying stuff

Last edited by pitchshifter; 01-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM

pitchshifter is on a distinguished road

Also for others, the messaging will always default back to C if you open messaging whilst connected in PC Studio mode, as E drive becomes unavailable. I thought the same thing had happened, but realised it will just always do that if I keep browsing through the phones features whilst connected to PC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement