JD1 LS1.6 Rapid Battery Drain - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 AM

nomi49 is on a distinguished road
Default JD1 LS1.6 Rapid Battery Drain

I have just flashed this ROM over the weekend. Very fast, very stable. No hangs, no crashes. But battery draining very quick.

I have performed a hard reset after flashing and have also configured all those recommended power saving settings (e.g. disabled 3DNav, WiFi, Backlight, GPS, Bluetooth, Video Sharing) .Still losing one bar every hour even in the stand by mode.

Anybody having the same problem?
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Honorable Modder!

liamstears is on a distinguished road

This sounds like a hardware problem, ie battery nearly dead.

This is not a firmware problem as everyone says this firmware improves battery!

No matter what firmware you use even the ones that drain battery most shouldnt be draining 1 bar an hour, you have a serious prob there matey, try another battery??
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamstears View Post
This sounds like a hardware problem, ie battery nearly dead.

This is not a firmware problem as everyone says this firmware improves battery!

No matter what firmware you use even the ones that drain battery most shouldnt be draining 1 bar an hour, you have a serious prob there matey, try another battery??
Thanks for replying Liam.The strange thing is It was draining very quick but since last night I haven't lost a bar and it has been on stand by mode. Not sure what's the matter with the battery I think I have been skipping the full discharge and full charging for weeks that might be a problem.

Anyway, this firmware of yours is awesome and those Kastor effects look so cool. Phone is lightening fast. No glitches no hick ups :P. Even the apps menu has never been this quick.

BTW, any good news regarding your phone? I believe it is a huge loss for i8910 community loosing you so early. Need to have more amazing stuff from you dude.

Wish you good luck.

nomi

Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Honorable Modder!

liamstears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi49 View Post
Thanks for replying Liam.The strange thing is It was draining very quick but since last night I haven't lost a bar and it has been on stand by mode. Not sure what's the matter with the battery I think I have been skipping the full discharge and full charging for weeks that might be a problem.

Anyway, this firmware of yours is awesome and those Kastor effects look so cool. Phone is lightening fast. No glitches no hick ups :P. Even the apps menu has never been this quick.

BTW, any good news regarding your phone? I believe it is a huge loss for i8910 community loosing you so early. Need to have more amazing stuff from you dude.

Wish you good luck.

nomi

I should get my phone back in 2 weeks from samsung and i will try to release one more firmware before I go but i dont know yet.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 PM

mark22 is on a distinguished road

i used my phone for 2 hours of gps yesterday and it went down to two bars. That was using sygic all the time and some voice search on google maps which was very good! Not bad i think.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Jörn is on a distinguished road

Nomi: Deinstall Garmin, don't use Ciskelo Clock.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörn View Post
Nomi: Deinstall Garmin, don't use Ciskelo Clock.
I don't have either of these installed. BTW, I went through battery calibration and it's back to normal now. Thanks for replying guys!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 AM

Jörn is on a distinguished road

Nomi: Oh, interesting ! - May we know what exactly you did by "battery recalibration" ? - Draining the battery fully till the device switches off, then recharging ?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörn View Post
Nomi: Oh, interesting ! - May we know what exactly you did by "battery recalibration" ? - Draining the battery fully till the device switches off, then recharging ?
Guide for Best BATTERY Performance
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 AM

btashev is on a distinguished road

i8910 Battery Calibration procedure:

- press *#0228#
- then press back once then tap [5] Reset VBATT Cal data
- then drain the battery until it wont start

When your mobile turn off then go and press (+ volume) and (lock screen) and (hangup call) like what you do to reflash the phone then leave the phone until the blue light turn off now charge the phone.

- wait half hour (for battery relaxing)
- then recharge your battery with phone off to 100% battery.

Last edited by btashev; 04-20-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement