Moving to Symbian^3 - Page 6 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 PM

olspal is on a distinguished road
Default Rom pls

Heya

I've just dumped my i8910 in the drawer for about a month ago,,,,and would seariously like to get improved os on it.
Bought a HTC desire with froyo (android 2.2) on it,,,LOVE it, besides the small internal space (which is all that is crap about the phone),,,,but I want to use my overpriced i8910 for SOMETHING.
Android, symbian^3 or just aaaanything else than the crappy plain s60v5 that runs there today would help. Never had a worse os on a phone,,,even though the hardware on the phone is sweet
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM

singer12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by olspal View Post
Heya

I've just dumped my i8910 in the drawer for about a month ago,,,,and would seariously like to get improved os on it.
Bought a HTC desire with froyo (android 2.2) on it,,,LOVE it, besides the small internal space (which is all that is crap about the phone),,,,but I want to use my overpriced i8910 for SOMETHING.
Android, symbian^3 or just aaaanything else than the crappy plain s60v5 that runs there today would help. Never had a worse os on a phone,,,even though the hardware on the phone is sweet
the only solution comes from the cookers hyper and faenlis if they manage to port the s3 to omnia the phone will rock.otherwise if that will not be possible i ll suggest that you sell ur phone and buy the galaxy s instead.i love the hd but the os is running is killing me lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 PM

jano is on a distinguished road

I hope this become a reality

I am crossing all my fingers for sucsess, but i have one question. What will happen with the GPS? Will it work on symbian3 and will we have the free licens?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM

unknown81 is on a distinguished road

I am also dying to see the symbian^3 on my Omnia HD, but unfortunately, there won't be any symbian^3 on HD according to HyperX and Faenil, despite the fact that our phone has the capability to run symbian^3 very smoothly.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:02 AM

xargentum is on a distinguished road

so no news about this stuff?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:29 PM

jano is on a distinguished road

Is the project still alive or? Some kind of news would be great

Good news or bad news dosen't matter...All I need is some news of some kind
Old 12-20-2010, 12:42 AM

lukasound is on a distinguished road

first of all, there is not a lot more functionality in s3 compared to s60v5. why? because s60v5 (s1) is awesome already. its robust, fast, light on recources, packs all the features you can think of - true multitasking (since the start), proper filebrowsing, full bluetooth functionality... its only problem is an outdated ui. but my omnia hd has all the software you can think of - zip, rar, pdf, office support, torrent downloading, awesome offline gps, amazing browser, divx player, social networks... even some nice looking 3d games like sims 3 (personaly, games are not my priority).
i really don't want any limited os on my phone simply because its fancier ui. and i dont care much for 50 000 useless crappy aplications and games on my phone. i don't see what the big deal is with ios and android, and i don't see much progress in s3.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM

mogop is on a distinguished road

is there a progress with this after 2 years?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM

maxuel is on a distinguished road

is it going to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
porting, symbian^3