Moving to Symbian^3 - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Custom Roms / Cooked Roms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 04:34 PM

apchai is on a distinguished road

Agree, that Dell phone is the bomb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
i8910 Gladiator

valdigre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrip View Post
yes i read about that. after seeing dell's impressive wm7 phone yesterday, personally i'm quite ready to ditch symbian for the time being. setting my eyes on either an htc phone, or that.
I don't blame you mate, however I don't trust Dell's quality and I don't think I would come near any of their devices...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM

wizardwiz is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

Actually that's I see from the inside. the OS is stil not ready I am afraid.
It is getting there but not just there yet. As for win7, I rather go back to smoke signals and not to come close to any windows based mobile dvices
But that's only my opinion.

Wizard

Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardwiz View Post
Hi Guys

Actually that's I see from the inside. the OS is stil not ready I am afraid.
It is getting there but not just there yet. As for win7, I rather go back to smoke signals and not to come close to any windows based mobile dvices
But that's only my opinion.

Wizard
i think the funny thing is, that's what a lot of people are saying about symbian now. Nokia really dropped the ball on this one. Symbian doesn't have a niche anymore
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM

I Agree that Symbian is lagging behind the pack and I am not saying Symbian is all great. Far from that. But as a whole, for me, WM is the last on the list. I might be wrong of course and it is (remotely) possible that WM7 is a breakthrough but if I had to choose I would say Android since it is Linux based and open source as Symbian^3 is. The only advantage I see for Symbian is that it is easier to hack

Wizard
Old 04-25-2010, 02:59 PM

Some more insights about the Symbian^3

1. The code is still not ready nor close to be released at least not in the next 4 months or so.
2. it will demand a lot of developing resources to compile a full UI ROM from almost 5GB! of source code. We simply can't add all features to the ROM.
3. Since the OS isn't ready just yet we will need to develop some of the hardware drivers for ourselves which to my opinion isn't practical unless there are some device driver developers in here
4. Time. a lot of time that we simply don't have.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but i don't think we will see a working Symbian^3 ROM in the next few months. too much work still need to be done.

Wizard
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

Question is if it's even worth it after reading Eldars review of the N8
Mobile-review.com Ѕирюльки є64. Nokia N8 Ц флагман компании или разочарование года?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
Can you post a direct link please? I couldn't find the N8 mentioned on Mobile-review.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 AM

Well to my opinion it is worth waiting since it does mark an improvement after all. it's not the quantum leap we're all waiting for (Symbian^4) but it has a few changes worth having as I mentioned in my article.

Wizard
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

and now it's official Nokia Europe - Nokia N8 - Product
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
porting, symbian^3