32gb Micro sd card - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Accessory Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:41 AM

Sathinas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 32gb Micro sd card

SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity, SD 2.0) is an extension of the SD standard which increases card's storage capacity up to 32GB. SDHC cards shares the same physical and electrical form factor as older (SD 1.x) cards, allowing SDHC-devices to support both newer SDHC cards and older SD-cards. To increase addressable storage, SDHC uses sector-addressing instead of byte-addressing in the previous SD standard. Byte-addressing supported card capacities up to 2GB, whereas sector-addressing can theoretically support capacities up to 2 TB (2048 GB). The current standard limits the maximum capacity of an SDHC card to 32 GB.[17] (It is expected that the SDHC specification will be revised in the future to allow card capacities greater than 32 GB.[18] ) SDHC cards will not work in devices designed to the older SD 1.x specification. The SDHC trademark is licensed to ensure compatibility

Cliff notes:
Technically, the capacity of an SDHC card is limited to 32 GB. However, while not strictly adhering to that standard, it is in principle possible to create SDHC-like cards of up to 2048 GB capacity. SDHC cards have fixed sector size of 512 bytes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 01:59 AM

NZtechfreak is on a distinguished road

Of course it will support 32GB cards when they come out - if it supports any microSDHC cards then all are supported (been through these questions for the N95 every time a higher capacity card came out).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM

gnusmas8910HD is on a distinguished road

The 16 Gb will run smooth on i8910....

Sure, the 32 GB will also work work, but will get slower due 2 massive reading

Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rol@N95d View Post
The 16 Gb will run smooth on i8910....

Sure, the 32 GB will also work work, but will get slower due 2 massive reading
Uhhh. WHAT? Don't take this the wrong way, but that's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Do you understand how solid state memory works? How it allocates blocks?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 PM

2mnyshp is on a distinguished road

will it support 2048gb cards?
I have a done several Symbian projects and have a thorough knowledge and low-level understanding of Symbian. And I just hate it. It's a very bad and uninspiring OS even from a programmers point of view.

HyperX is my God!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Theoretically, yes.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 AM

lol
I have a done several Symbian projects and have a thorough knowledge and low-level understanding of Symbian. And I just hate it. It's a very bad and uninspiring OS even from a programmers point of view.

HyperX is my God!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 AM

will it support 5000gb cards?

HyperX is my God!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:57 AM

Highspeed123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mnyshp View Post
will it support 5000gb cards?
I don't think any i8910 will ever survive long enough to see the day that happens! lol ;D
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 AM

haha until then you can insert them into your head.

HyperX is my God!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement