Spare Battery - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Discussion > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Accessory Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM

nick007 is on a distinguished road
Default Spare Battery

Since i installed HX V11 my battery life half has plummeted, so i installed V8 and it was exactly the same. it only lasts 15 to 20 minutes talk time now so i'm guessing it's time to replace the battery now something i've never had to do with my other mobiles.. anyway i just watched to check if anyone has replaced their battery yet and if they tride the nexxus battires.. i've seen the orginal samsung and the nexxus both on amazon. nexxus costing 2.49 and the orginal, well it says genuine battery for 7.45. i would be grateful for advice, thanks

Here's the link
Amazon.co.uk: i8910 battery
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM

ajjter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick007 View Post
Since i installed HX V11 my battery life half has plummeted, so i installed V8 and it was exactly the same. it only lasts 15 to 20 minutes talk time now so i'm guessing it's time to replace the battery now something i've never had to do with my other mobiles.. anyway i just watched to check if anyone has replaced their battery yet and if they tride the nexxus battires.. i've seen the orginal samsung and the nexxus both on amazon. nexxus costing 2.49 and the orginal, well it says genuine battery for 7.45. i would be grateful for advice, thanks

Here's the link
Amazon.co.uk: i8910 battery
Dont buy the nexxus one its 1200 mAh the original samsung is 1500 mah and lasts longer but there's 1800 mah, 2400 mah and even 3000 mah for not that much so check it out
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjter View Post
Dont buy the nexxus one its 1200 mAh the original samsung is 1500 mah and lasts longer but there's 1800 mah, 2400 mah and even 3000 mah for not that much so check it out
Thanks. i'll stick to the original samsung ane above. i can't imagine having even less battery life than that. have you upgrade your battery yet? i would of thought the battery life would of lasted longer than 20 months. i have to walk around with my charger lol

Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM

Lloyd_turkey is on a distinguished road

How do we know what battery's fit into our I8910? What are the dimensions of the original battery?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM

you basically get the battery for your phone model.. eg: your search for a i8910 battery
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 PM

R0B5KI is on a distinguished road

Recently I've bought replacement battery for my omnia. Here's my story:
Normally I charge my phone every night - no matter how many bars it shows. I'd plug it in in the night and disconnect in the morning (my phone is on 24/7).
Right at the beginning I've bought original (?) battery as spare. It came with dedicated wall charger. The idea was that in case of use sat nav on foot or internet without access to charger I'd have fully charged battery to swap and carry on (imo better idea than one of "emergency charger" things dangling around). Anyways, I was using both of them batteries quite regularly and both of them were charged either in the phone or in the charger. My bad I didn't mark one that actually came with the phone (or wrote down its serial number) and now I've no idea which is which. About 6 weeks ago both batteries began to perform very poorly. I read abut "reviving" batteries procedures, I tried it but no avail. So I just bought another battery on ebay. It was advertised as genuine (and it looks like) and taken out of faulty or returned phone. Battery works fine so far, lasts as long as original. I haven't changed my habits - still plug phone in every night till morning. If I use phone as a sat nav in the car - I instantly plug it in to car charger.
I don't know if that's good. Although they say that there's no memory effect but perhaps it'd be better to actually wait until battery gets really low and then charge it.
I've had my phone for 18 months now. One thing makes me wonder: since I was using two batteries they should last 2 times longer as they've done only half job each.
I did notice that the old batteries got a bit swollen (as in thicker than before).
I had the same situation with my nokia n82. After about 18 months battery got really swollen (it was actually hard to put battery cover back on its place) and it wouldn't last half an hour.
I suppose with power demand escalating (colour, hi res screens, gps, internet and so on) and batteries getting smaller to fit slimmer and slimmer phones, a year-and-a-half battery life ain't that bad. Pity it can't last the length of the contract...
The Following User Says Thank You to R0B5KI For This Useful Post:
marked (04-04-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 AM

@ R0B5KI

my battery went recently and i've started using my N95 for the time being until i buy a new battery for i8910. i got my phone back in may 2009 and only had it in the charging when it needed. when i stalled hx v11 it started to go on me, so i reinstalled hx v8 and it starts to go after 15-50 minutes of talking or in a few minutes surfing. the life span of a battery can have many factors. they can lose up to 40% each year of use at the extreme, over charging it, not using them, it seems everything shorten the life span of a battery. heat seems a main factor as well, so keeping it in the charging all the time probarly hasn't helped much even with the battery is on trickle charge. in general lithium batteries don't last long. i've got to give it to nokia, my n95 battery seems to last a day or more and it's got to be about 4 years old by now.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:31 AM

jjdoctor is on a distinguished road

I am not able to find my battery in my country.... everywhere there are chineese duplicates marked with ORIGINAL... bull****...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement