Need help deciding what to buy HTC sensation or Samsung Galaxy s2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 PM

vengon is on a distinguished road
Default Need help deciding what to buy HTC sensation or Samsung Galaxy s2

hello, i need help,, i just recently sold my elderly samsung i8910 omnia hd and if anyone of you happens to have owned that phone you probably at some stage decided to never purchase another samsung phone ever again, the support for that powerful phone back then was almost non existance, the original firmwares never worked properly samsung didnt even care to fix touch scrolling!! now that im ready to move on ive to decide between htc sensation and samsung galaxy s2.

ive been doing some research and have been reading reveiws and comparisons and they are close, samsung has a better battery, htc has sense etc...,, ive read on some forums that htc has a design problem and dust can get underneath the screen and it suffers death grip, so now im leaning towards samsung but IT IS SAMSUNG and i once swore i would never buy another one of their phones, so what do you guys think S2 or Sensation and it would be nice if u could put down some of the pros and cons of both phones.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM

Psykitt is on a distinguished road

I do not know why everybody complains about the lack of Samsungs service.
I tell you one thing - with a huge community of fans and a powerful modding scene
the i8910 became the phone I liked the most!!!
The only flaw was the stupidity of one modder who did not want to share his findings
and the mouth-chitting of some of his followers.
The Galaxy S2 is the best phone atm with a huge gap to the HTC Sensation.
If it will not be the things you have mentioned (death grip, dust and so on) that will
kill the joy with the Sensation then it will be the lack of RAM, when Sense 3.0 is up and running!
I ordered my GS2 yesterday and I will flash it over on the same day when it will arrive
like I did it with the i8910 and I know, that the scene will help again
to make it the best experience (with a mobile device) for me till date like it was
with my beloved i8910.
Greetings Psy

- The Bevis Frond -

Last edited by Psykitt; 08-31-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:59 PM

hamzat779 is on a distinguished road
Wink

In my opinion i would go for the SGS2.

In a few months they will release Iphone 5 and i heard something about that Samsung is going to make a Samsung Galaxy S 3D

Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Right now would be a bad time to buy a new phone, lots of new phones are announced to be released in the fall. So just wait a few months more and get the new best thing instead of the 2 phones you mentioned, which are already old
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 AM

Psykitt is on a distinguished road

WarCow - thats right but you will have to wait another couple of months until the new phones are bug-free and the first mods are finished.
I bought the i8910 one year after its release and I was so happy that the custom roms were average at this time!
Greetings Psy

- The Bevis Frond -
Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Dark Modder

DSA is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with warcow...my sgs2 is already being replaced and xda will no doubt release roms that sort the bugs out straight away for the new models..plus quad core phones are out soon

www.darksideagent.com/darksidegalaxys2forums

Phone: SGSII
Rom: XWLP9 CodecROM 5.7 by DSANo longer active on forum
Old 09-04-2011, 09:57 AM

ithehappy is on a distinguished road

GSII of course.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Lloyd_turkey is on a distinguished road

I was in the same predicament here whether GSII or HTC Sensation, In the end i chose the HTC because 1. Samsung has screwed us over with the I8910 and I don't trust them anymore after my warranty scam....
And 2. I'm trying to Future proof myself a little by getting the qHD (960*540) Of the HTC because I think WVGA (800*480) of the GSII is going to get outdated soon, I know not yet but I'm trying to think a year or two down the road...
Old 09-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_turkey View Post
I was in the same predicament here whether GSII or HTC Sensation, In the end i chose the HTC because 1. Samsung has screwed us over with the I8910 and I don't trust them anymore after my warranty scam....
And 2. I'm trying to Future proof myself a little by getting the qHD (960*540) Of the HTC because I think WVGA (800*480) of the GSII is going to get outdated soon, I know not yet but I'm trying to think a year or two down the road...
Yeah, i feel the same way about Samsung..but i do like their hardware though. That's why i bought the Nexus S, nice hardware by Samsung and supported and updated directly by Google A new one is out soon though..Nexus Prime.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:49 AM

Vulcano is on a distinguished road

Sensation has wider screen resolution and beter adreno gpu, but galaxy s2 screen is super amoled and phone is lighter by some grams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement