Galaxy s2 vs sensation vs iphone 4 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 PM

ajjter is on a distinguished road
Smile Galaxy s2 vs sensation vs iphone 4

Have all three at home so i compared them,

Sleek box for the iphone.. Though x10 mini got bigger boxes then all of the three phones

quick review of iphone 4.

The screen was the thing i looked at first, seriously the resolution must be a joke and the retina screen feels like an old lcd screen from a old phone like nokia 5800 but nokias screen actually feels more responsive. the one hour inspectation of the so called iphone gave me some negative thoughts about the people owning them.. seriously the antenna prob wtf the sgs2 and the sensation got full bars (H+ s2) (H sensation) the iphone had edge and it dropped when i hold it..

and the iOS UI made me think of an menu that doesnt end... and the thing when u hold the finger in menu and it shakes wtf... anyoing.

One thing i give the ios creed for is the games, really nice but unfortunate i could hold my geeky side in and jailbreaked the phone took 1 min and tried some themes from cydia etc..

the media experience on the iphone was quite good, the sound quality is really nice in the original ear plugs.

hehe for new apple users i say woot u need the itunes to start the phone for the first time...

- price
-screen size
- slowmo phone
- jailbreak to have a normal.phone...
- ugly ui..
+design
+games

7/10]

the sensation took my sight when i unpacked it.. i thought like omg nice phone,
then i started it took 20 sec and started too explore what was new with sense 3.0.

the ui makes sbp mobileshell look crappy and if u ever used sense 2.0-2.1 u will get shocked ten times faster, nice 3d effects no more launcher pro to get the fast scrolling in menu.

of course i inspected the screen too pretty impressed there too but compared to samoled+ the colours looks more grey and not that colourfull.. brighter though..

the media experience with sensation is like all androids good didnt notice anything to spit on here only the mkv playback could lag sometimes but thats no big deal who whatches mkv po*n anyways

browsing is very fast too but not faster then sgs2 but faster then iphone suprinsingly.

the games for android are quite good but the ios games are slightly better, order and chaos is less laggy on sgs2 and iphone..

so the words for the ones who gonna but this one but arent really sure, go for the htc, amazing build quality and the resolution is qhd and u will see difference compared to gs2.

+build quality
+.qhd resolution
+ screen size
+ the camera quality( it catches the details mates)
+ sense 3.0
- lcd - waterpainted colours look..
- the charger.. hate combined usb cable with charger..
- the headphones.. bad quality as always..

9/10

The sgs2

aye what can i say owned it since the release.

Probably the best phone in the world

the browsing experience on the s2 is really fast loading full flash sites less then 10 sec.reveals what beast it is.

the ui (tw4) is good but to many flashy things like the browser zoom with two fingers on screen and angle it.. who uses that anyways?

the media experience is good as always with samsung nothing to complain about

the.games work flawless but makes the phone hot like hell.. playing order and chaos for 15 min.makes the s2 around 53...

The screen is awesome truly, the colours are perfect could be a bit brighter but no need for that

+screen
+browsing (21 mbit)
+battery time
+build quality
-.hoooooooot
- to colourfull pics...

Screen comparision

I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom

Last edited by ajjter; 08-04-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to ajjter For This Useful Post:
adamvnz (08-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Mooderator

WarCow is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reviews

I must say, i was also surprised by the screen of the iPhone. I guess i was expecting much more, after hearing all their marketing about Retina etc, but it really performed like an old LCD I think we've been spoiled by the delicious AMOLED screens of Samsung
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Dark Modder

DSA is on a distinguished road

Nice reviews...
so, whats your score for the sgs2?

iphone: 7/10
htc: 9/10
sgs2:?

www.darksideagent.com/darksidegalaxys2forums

Phone: SGSII
Rom: XWLP9 CodecROM 5.7 by DSANo longer active on forum

Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Nice reviews...
so, whats your score for the sgs2?

iphone: 7/10
htc: 9/10
sgs2:?
9/10 ofc
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCow View Post
Thanks for the reviews

I must say, i was also surprised by the screen of the iPhone. I guess i was expecting much more, after hearing all their marketing about Retina etc, but it really performed like an old LCD I think we've been spoiled by the delicious AMOLED screens of Samsung
Hehe wait for retina hd screens they will have so high resolution that the human eye cant catch it...

Btw still have ur x10 mini?
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Retina in their bum.... just another marketing false statements, but hey... any company became good at that or is it the level of buyers... I say both.

And SGS2 is still a total nonsence re pricing and features. I would expect so much more from 2011 device, not only beeing fast and sharp clear...

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Retina in their bum.... just another marketing false statements, but hey... any company became good at that or is it the level of buyers... I say both.

And SGS2 is still a total nonsence re pricing and features. I would expect so much more from 2011 device, not only beeing fast and sharp clear...
put your hand on fire... Gz u own a sgs2

Btw u seen symbian belle in action?
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Tried out what I care about on SGS2 and I'm not impressed. Same "old" lack of HW features and cheap build are simply ruining it all for me and no, I won't spout >500 euros for it, it's not worth that money.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Tried out what I care about on SGS2 and I'm not impressed. Same "old" lack of HW features and cheap build are simply ruining it all for me and no, I won't spout >500 euros for it, it's not worth that money.

Sgs2 has the best harware but worst software devs.. But the build quality is actually good for being a samsung phone.. Still not worth the money
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 AM

jesy is on a distinguished road

ajjter: seriouslyy, nothing against you, but are you okay?

iPhone:
-Their Retina is BEST display 4ever! When you see Retina display, you cannot see difference between it and real high quality printed realistic photo!
Samsung's SuperAMOLED is one of best too, but its colors are too saturated! Their pictures have unrealistic colors - same as LED displays have! It's just NICER, not more realistic!
-iPhone have to be jailbroken to get access to third party stuff, but Android need to be rooted too (flashing hacked kernels, because root apps doesnt works in all cases!). Not big difference, if noobs like YOU tries it first time!

HTC Sensation: is good phone, but it's videocamera is CRAPPY, its too stuttering. You dont see it? Then you are blind.
-They have LOCKED bootloader (you CANNOT flash custom FW), you CANNOT permanently root it right now
-Their displays are CRAPPY, 1 week of usage of new HTC and in often cases they are being frequently unresponsive. Permanently! The one solution is to replace phone for new!

Samsung Galaxy S2:
Best phone 4ever? MUHAHA.
-No 32bit colors. Only 16bit. Funny, aint?
-Most crappy GPS accuracy and WiFi strength. Funny again, right?

P.S.: Not sure about this things? GOOGLE IT!
P.S2: Is SGS2 too hot for you? Well, Sensation is a bit hot too. Its caused because of their dualcore CPU!

AJJTER: YOU ****ING DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING !!

Last edited by jesy; 08-04-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement