A word of advice... - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 07:42 PM

KurtA is on a distinguished road
Question A word of advice...

Hi folks, (if any) The inevitable has come and I'm thinking about a change. I still love my OHD but, as all of you know, the OS is just incapable to cope with our ever changing world. So android it is

Just a word of advice, Im currently following the SGSII and the HTC sensation to be my next phone, but the question is, WHICH ONE?!?!

All have their pro's and con's but on most reviews (and I saw a lot) the galaxy s 2 edges the htc's flagship; be it display (up to an extend), camera, music capabilities, file format support, etc....whilst the htc has the almighty Sense UI, which imho is amazing. So, people, should I go to the lesser of the two in order to have the best UI or go for the best in terms of hardware but be stuck with an iphone-ish UI (eww)

Keep in mind what samsung has done to us :/ I dont want that is happens again....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM

ajjter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtA View Post
Hi folks, (if any) The inevitable has come and I'm thinking about a change. I still love my OHD but, as all of you know, the OS is just incapable to cope with our ever changing world. So android it is

Just a word of advice, Im currently following the SGSII and the HTC sensation to be my next phone, but the question is, WHICH ONE?!?!

All have their pro's and con's but on most reviews (and I saw a lot) the galaxy s 2 edges the htc's flagship; be it display (up to an extend), camera, music capabilities, file format support, etc....whilst the htc has the almighty Sense UI, which imho is amazing. So, people, should I go to the lesser of the two in order to have the best UI or go for the best in terms of hardware but be stuck with an iphone-ish UI (eww)

Keep in mind what samsung has done to us :/ I dont want that is happens again....
go sgsII, samsung updates their android phones more often then htc, sense will bore you out and is more bloatware in my eyes. p.s htc has locked bootloader..
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM

KurtA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjter View Post
go sgsII, samsung updates their android phones more often then htc, sense will bore you out and is more bloatware in my eyes. p.s htc has locked bootloader..
but I think there was a press release from HTC's CEO stating they are going to unlock their bootloaders

ehh sense UI is all about eye candy, thats for sure, but do you think usability will be affected? that is, friendstream and other apps seem smart

Old 06-21-2011, 08:49 PM

ajjter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtA View Post
but I think there was a press release from HTC's CEO stating they are going to unlock their bootloaders

ehh sense UI is all about eye candy, thats for sure, but do you think usability will be affected? that is, friendstream and other apps seem smart

with eyecandy you mean mega widgets and crap apps you dont need ?

friendstream is the only app thats great with sense.. if you choose htc you will be tired of sense trust me i loved it too in the beginning but everything is so big on it :s but htc have better resolution if you like that and samsung has more speed overall so its up to you my mate
I8910 - codec v3
I900 - wm 6.5 custom
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM

VaderXI is on a distinguished road

I've gone with the htc Incredible S and well happy, but only got Symbian to compare it with and, sorry to say, anything would probably be better. It came with Android Froyo and already received the update for Gingerbread after 3 days ownership. Prob would have gone with the SGSII, based on reviews, but wanted to reduce my monthly bill and the IS was much cheaper.

btw, HTC can be rooted to allow flashing custom ROMs, which I imagine being an owner of the i8910 ur more than an expert at!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
galaxy, htc, sensation, sgs2, smartphone