Can the N8 satisfied an i8910 user ? - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Shiva is on a distinguished road
Default Can the N8 satisfied an i8910 user ?

Hi everyone,

I am getting free of charge N8 from my cellular company and when the SGS2 will arrive they will replace it with the N8(I will give them the phone back), btw it is just because I have 12 sim cards...They sure want to hold their costumers.

I read online about the phone (N8) it is more or less like the i8910, same **** different design and few upgrades, I really don't care if I'll get it or not, I got it via a package deal.

The question is will this phone disappoint me ? (I really doubt it...I think it will be almost the same as the i8910...)

Thx.

Last edited by Shiva; 03-14-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Can the N8 satisfied an i8910 user ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 PM

SomeOne is on a distinguished road

SGS2 is the same as the i8910?

Wow.. oh wow.. you might aswell say that every phone is the same cause you can call people with them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOne View Post
SGS2 is the same as the i8910?

Wow.. oh wow.. you might aswell say that every phone is the same cause you can call people with them.
Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant that the N8 is more or less like the i8910...

Old 03-20-2011, 10:08 AM

Lloyd_turkey is on a distinguished road

Hardware wise it really is
600MHZ Vs 680MHZ processor(despite mine being OC'ed to 700MHZ)
8MP 720p Vs 12MP 720p camera
360x640 AMOLED Vs 360x640 AMOLED Screen

The Only real difference is Symbian^1 (S60 5th) Vs Symbian^3
Old 03-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Resistance Is Futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_turkey View Post
Hardware wise it really is
600MHZ Vs 680MHZ processor(despite mine being OC'ed to 700MHZ)
8MP 720p Vs 12MP 720p camera
360x640 AMOLED Vs 360x640 AMOLED Screen

The Only real difference is Symbian^1 (S60 5th) Vs Symbian^3
Yea so as I asked it can satisfies me just for 3 months, and then they will exchange it to the SGS 2 (I hope I won't get disappointed from the SGS2 camera, though I saw samples at Gsmarena.com)
Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

Yeah It should keep you happy for a while. I find the N8 to be a big improvement over the i8910 in sheer usability. No more pissing about with nokia maps or messaging or ovi store mods or lack of them - everything just works out of the box. Camera is a big improvement over i8910 (which takes pretty good pics already) and the risk is you will be dissappionted moving to the SGS2 later. Processor is not so important as it has a powerfull gpu which is used in nearly all demanding tasks - video recording and playback etc. I saw a video comparison between SE experia arc and N8 and despite a 1gig processor the arc clearly has a harder time recording 720p video.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:40 PM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
Yeah It should keep you happy for a while. I find the N8 to be a big improvement over the i8910 in sheer usability. No more pissing about with nokia maps or messaging or ovi store mods or lack of them - everything just works out of the box. Camera is a big improvement over i8910 (which takes pretty good pics already) and the risk is you will be dissappionted moving to the SGS2 later. Processor is not so important as it has a powerfull gpu which is used in nearly all demanding tasks - video recording and playback etc. I saw a video comparison between SE experia arc and N8 and despite a 1gig processor the arc clearly has a harder time recording 720p video.
But as you see some 1080p sample from the GS2, you can see that the recording is simply flawless, no dropped/duplicated frames. The Exynos GPU just rocks.

The only thing that GS2 will dissapoint you guys is why it's so damn thin lol
i897:android 2.2.1/continuum 4/speedmod k13d
Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM

bjb0019 is on a distinguished road

I don't think you will notice any change besides model when switching to n8 from i8910, I have used the phone for few days (exchanged with my friend) and there was no difference to me.. Its just that its quite heavy So for me oHD rocks! But do go for n8 as there will be less bugs in it and anyways you will be getting sgs2 later!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
@bstract Journeyman

Fevves is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit12345 View Post
But as you see some 1080p sample from the GS2, you can see that the recording is simply flawless, no dropped/duplicated frames. The Exynos GPU just rocks.

The only thing that GS2 will dissapoint you guys is why it's so damn thin lol
Nice -NOT! As... any dual core mobile CPU can do that. What matters here is audio quality while making vids and Samsung SUCKS at it (!!!) BIG TIME. Nothing anyone can do, they're plain stupid. And if you do value your videos from your cellphone, don't bother spending high cash for something so stupid (and thin - what happened to ergonomic aspect of the phone??? Are they imbeciles??? offering cheap plastic in thin layer and selling it for something of a value...) as far as SGS II - It simply can't cut it in for the bucks they ask IMO, sorry. (let go their idiotic policy about voice commands, caller recs etc etc etc - they're repeating same old mistakes all over again and even cheaper Samsung Bada and/or Android suffer from same defects... go figure - IT'S SAMSUNG all the way!)

ps: not at you man, I'm just sick tired of Samsung BS all over again.

Read & obey Global Forum Rules, GUI section Rules, Netiquette, common sense and post accordingly.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
So you think it might be a risk too, regarding the camera of the SGS 2?

Well as long as it has better quality then the i8910 I am happy.
Check out the SGS2 camera samples: MWC 2011: Samsung overview - GSMArena.com

as you can see the quality is amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement