Can the N8 satisfied an i8910 user ? - Page 2 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 PM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevves View Post
Nice -NOT! As... any dual core mobile CPU can do that. What matters here is audio quality while making vids and Samsung SUCKS at it (!!!) BIG TIME. Nothing anyone can do, they're plain stupid. And if you do value your videos from your cellphone, don't bother spending high cash for something so stupid (and thin - what happened to ergonomic aspect of the phone??? Are they imbeciles??? offering cheap plastic in thin layer and selling it for something of a value...) as far as SGS II - It simply can't cut it in for the bucks they ask IMO, sorry. (let go their idiotic policy about voice commands, caller recs etc etc etc - they're repeating same old mistakes all over again and even cheaper Samsung Bada and/or Android suffer from same defects... go figure - IT'S SAMSUNG all the way!)

ps: not at you man, I'm just sick tired of Samsung BS all over again.
yeah i understand what you feel

My Captivate(and maybe all other SGS phones) has 2 mic, 1 for noise cancelling. BUT they TURNED it OFF, wtf

Well i don't know why i still buy samsung phones even though i know there are defects here and there. Lots of roms/mods that can make it kinda awesome?
i897:android 2.2.1/continuum 4/speedmod k13d
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Huge member

shug is on a distinguished road

It's individual. For me it wouldn't be a deal breaker but if you go from N8 to SGII you will be downgrading the camera.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
It's individual. For me it wouldn't be a deal breaker but if you go from N8 to SGII you will be downgrading the camera.
For someone who really cares about taking photos with their phones, then it's a downgrade. But for others, it's much of an upgrade; better overall usability makes up for the worse(kinda) camera.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Huge member

Agreed. Like I said it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me but it sounds like he's bothered about the camera and it would be a downgrade.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Resistance Is Futile

Shiva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agreed. Like I said it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me but it sounds like he's bothered about the camera and it would be a downgrade.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by vit12345 View Post
For someone who really cares about taking photos with their phones, then it's a downgrade. But for others, it's much of an upgrade; better overall usability makes up for the worse(kinda) camera.
Again as I said if the SGS 2 camera will be the same or even slightly better then the i8910, I will buy the SGS2, But if the quality will be worse then the i8910 I won't buy it and stay with my new N8

BTW new picture samples and video recording of the SGS 2 (Looks AMAZING!):

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...-news-2444.php

Last edited by Shiva; 03-23-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM

david09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah It should keep you happy for a while. I find the N8 to be a big improvement over the i8910 in sheer usability. No more pissing about with nokia maps or messaging or ovi store mods or lack of them - everything just works out of the box. Camera is a big improvement over i8910 (which takes pretty good pics already) and the risk is you will be dissappionted moving to the SGS2 later. Processor is not so important as it has a powerfull gpu which is used in nearly all demanding tasks - video recording and playback etc. I saw a video comparison between SE experia arc and N8 and despite a 1gig processor the arc clearly has a harder time recording 720p video.
I agree. The nokia maps weren't great.

David
Old 03-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Alexandra18 is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia N8 has fabulous camera feature.

The Nokia N8 has the largest sensor on a mobile phone but even that is nothing compared to a DSLR’s sensor. This means that when it comes to low light photos, it will not even be a competition.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra18 View Post
The Nokia N8 has the largest sensor on a mobile phone but even that is nothing compared to a DSLR’s sensor. This means that when it comes to low light photos, it will not even be a competition.
Don't even compare a PHONE's camera to a DSLR. They are not in the same league(and not meant to be)
Old 03-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Huge member

Ok you asked for it http://www.thehandheldblog.com/2010/...non-550d-dslr/
For anyone who hasn't read it. Judging by the posts above at least one member has.

Last edited by shug; 03-26-2011 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shug For This Useful Post:
Shiva (03-23-2011), vit12345 (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 05:40 PM

I know the N8's camera is very impressive for a phone, undeniable. It's the best one we can get from a phone at this time.

But, i think Nokia intended to release the N8 as a competitor to compact point-and-shoot cameras, where the N8 even has a bigger sensor than many compact ones and image quality/performance that can match/outmatch those compacts. Nokia wants people to buy a phone that can also take great pics, do multimedia stuffs and forget about compacts.

The DSLR, on the other hands, is more professional-centric. Lots of shooting modes, manual settings, interchangeable lens and flash,... not to mention a large sensor that's great for taking photos/videos in low light condition. However, DSLR is not that compact and sometimes it's a pain to carry them around shooting at things.

I really mean it when i say N8 and DSLR is not in the same league(if you look at the photos of the comparison, many of the N8's can't match those of the DSLR's, especially in low light condition). Of course how to use them is up to you, how to make great pics is also up to you.

And thank you shug for the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement