NOKIA N8 and Your views.. - Page 3 - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums 0){document.location.href='showthread.php?p='+cpostno;};} }">

i8910 HD Blog i8910 Omnia HD Firmware i8910 HD Themes Optimus 2X Forums Galaxy S Forums PSP Hacks PS3 Hacks

Go Back   Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums > Site Info / links & General Discussion. > General Discussion - Talk about anything non i8910 HD related!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM

yade is on a distinguished road

I can't believe people are actually slating this device before it is released.
To me, the OS looks polished and brings the power of Symbian up to 2010.
The hardware is staggering, a lot is very 2010 but things like 12MPX with Zenon and 720P recording in one device is a first for a smartphone. It has what the i8910 lost, a video editor. USB on the go is a rare feature that should be looked at as positive. It has FM transmitter and receiver.

I don't think this feature set is packed into any one phone on the planet and at a price below 400 euro.

To me Nokia have shown the kind of ambition that they did with the N95 and I for one cant wait for this handset
The Following User Says Thank You to yade For This Useful Post:
boogiedownberlin (04-28-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM

arturmeireles is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Nokia but having a top of the line product in orange and blue?!?! I can be wrong but in my point of view make the phone look cheap, fragile, childish, targeted to a infantile audience, price tag of 370€?!?! ...its a mix of feeling... something doesnt sound right here. I learn my lesson with the i8910 and Im going to wait at least 2 months or more to see if the N8 is worth it. Its almost half of the price of the last year release of i8910. Both have AMOLED screen but our i8910 look much more beautiful and resistant.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Voice of reason

v1rtu4l is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yade View Post
It has what the i8910 lost, a video editor.
it has the same video editor that the i8910 has/had ... it has it allegedly which does not say that it will have it, when released ...

on another note this device has only a 1200 mA battery meaning it will not even last a day if you use the xenon flash to take pictures ... ridiculé

Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM

yade is on a distinguished road

Nokia often make battery blunders (e.g N95 then N96) but 12mAh on that device probably wont be to different to the pretty poor battery life on the i8910. Nokia will optimize for this far better than Samsung have I am sure.
A charge every evening is fine by me.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Dr. Acula

brrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturmeireles View Post
I like Nokia but having a top of the line product in orange and blue?!?! I can be wrong but in my point of view make the phone look cheap, fragile, childish, targeted to a infantile audience, price tag of 370€?!?! ...its a mix of feeling... something doesnt sound right here. I learn my lesson with the i8910 and Im going to wait at least 2 months or more to see if the N8 is worth it. Its almost half of the price of the last year release of i8910. Both have AMOLED screen but our i8910 look much more beautiful and resistant.
it comes in black too, so i really don't see what the problem is. nokia's still working on the principle that symbian is a light platform, which is true. this is their new 5800, it's not a super high end phone. the most you can say is that they're catering to a cheaper market, they're not ripping you off, apple style.

i prefer the i8910 in looks too, but i mean it when i say i'm never buying samsung ever again. Nokia's post-sale support system is nothing short of fantastic. Even with a crappy device like the N97, they've managed to maximise every aspect of the device, which now has S^2 features. what does the i8910 have now? even more so, what does it have THANKS to samsung?

i might consider getting this phone if somebody doesn't eventually port S^3 to our phones, because i can expect that nokia will offer it so much more even after i buy it. samsung would never offer something like that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM

vit12345 is on a distinguished road

Guys. Some photo samples of the phone are out: First samples from Nokia N8's 12MP shooter (Phone Arena News)

Imo, very good picture quality. Look at the last picture in low light condition, the xenon flash really kicks in. Waiting for a video sample
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM

ithehappy is on a distinguished road

^Not only low light photo, the day time pictures are even better. It really does look like taken from a P&S camera. Did Nokia really put a BIGGER and BETTER sensor? Don't know, but have to say those are wonderful photos, really hard to believe taken form a mobile. Looks like this handset is gonna rock.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM

solareclipse is on a distinguished road

ARM11 CPU at 680 Mhz????? ARM11 AGAIN????? DAMN give us Symbian^3 OS and we will make it fly

Nokia N8 - Full phone specifications

AND WHY Samsung didnt include hdmi port to our device like it did for the prototype one??
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM

dol is on a distinguished road

Well the interface looks really slow, they have turned off the transitions judging by the video, it might have a bigger camera sensor but is that enough to make you want it.

YouTube - Introducing the new Nokia N8

This video makes me look for another phone to upgrade to, maybe the samsung beam.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM

marmite39 is on a distinguished road

I'm seriously dissapointed with Nokia. Ever since the N95, I've seen nothing that has even come close to getting me excited. I had a brief flirtation with the N97, but that's been about it. Why do their phones still look big and blocky yet seem to have nothing under the hood to make up for it.
I'm going to move onto the Desire while waiting to see if the EVO makes it here.

Damn it Nokia...I had high hopes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement